Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to line up to one of the newer tundras to see how I would fair up. It had the force badge or what ever the hell its called and it seemed to be a double cab. I could tell it was on cause they guy acted as if he was dying to race a titan. As fate would have it, the light turns red and we line up..... on green were both off and he takes the lead to a good truck length and I begin to catch up a little but once all my power kicks in after 40. Yeah i lost.... sux, im sure he was living it up, good thing i had to turn off lol.

I have brute force, tb spacer, and exhaust (i think i should switch back to magnaflow flows sux) so I didnt expect to lose that bad.... but i do have 20 inch wheels with tera grappler 33's. Wonder how it would have been with my stock wheels?

Anywho headers and uprev time and then its back to tundra hunting.:gunz:

·
Registered
682 Posts
not to bad considering it has nearly 80 hp on us. and not to mention a sixth gear......win or lose its still butt ugly

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sorry to hear it. I was hoping it would be closer than that. I will still race one when I get the chance but atleast I know what to expect:futwice:

·
Registered
781 Posts
tundra are very nice but the titan beat them in recent article and the titan got second and tundra third i think. oh and im new to tt. the article is in car and driver ill post the url

·
Registered
504 Posts
That may be true, but not everyone bases their decisions off what the rags have to say.

Some things I like better in the Titan, some I like better in the Tundra.

"*** for every seat." :upsidedow

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it was a good truck lenthg.... i was a few feet away from his back tires. I tried but the turd was to fast. I figured the wheel combo killed my chances more than norm.... Just curious as to how it would be with stock wheels.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeh my wheels are pretty heavy..... I could tell this guy wanted some for it was like that feeling you get when you know someone wants to race.... im starting to see alot more tundras around here though... and now i know im not up to par, its a good excuse to upgrade.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeh ill make sure and do the same thing.....spare the embarassment... well at least until more mods.

Does anyone know the if there would be a difference in power if switching from a AT tire to a street tire?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rock$tar Titan said:
Does anyone know the if there would be a difference in power if switching from a AT tire to a street tire?
difference in traction off the line, yes
difference in power, only if the overall diameter of the tires are different.
if the street tire is smaller it should also be lighter that also helps

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GMVisitor said:
If he lines up next to me revving his engine and provoking a race i'll leave 'em in a cloud of black smoke :eek:ldschool
hah, yeh if only I was capable of doing that to him.... the look would be priceless....well if you could see past the smoke that is.

yeh maybe ill switch to street with a little less sidewall when i burn out the t grapplers.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Sounds like you did good considering your tires and wheels which are bigger and heavier than the stock ones. They sap a good amount of power, so with the stock ones you probably would have been even with him or maybe even a little ahead. You still win hands down in the looks department, those new Tundra's are ugly as sin. Good job!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Rock$tar Titan said:
yeh ill make sure and do the same thing.....spare the embarassment... well at least until more mods.

here's what you need to beat these loser tundras....
Stillen long tube headers, hi flow dynatech powercats, 2.25" custom b-pipes with no resonators, jba evol exhaust ( it has 2.25" to a single 3" Y pipe"
and lastly a uprev tune so for about 1,400 bucks you could become a low 14 second truck that'd walk the dog horribly on them ugly pieces of crap..

oh and get you a detroit tru trac limited slip differential with some nitto low profiles or bfg kdw tires depending on rim size ditch the AT's thier not made for traction on the street..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts