Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
Toomnymods said:
here's what you need to beat these loser tundras....
Stillen long tube headers, hi flow dynatech powercats, 2.25" custom b-pipes with no resonators, jba evol exhaust ( it has 2.25" to a single 3" Y pipe"
and lastly a uprev tune so for about 1,400 bucks you could become a low 14 second truck that'd walk the dog horribly on them ugly pieces of crap..

oh and get you a detroit tru trac limited slip differential with some nitto low profiles or bfg kdw tires depending on rim size ditch the AT's thier not made for traction on the street..
Us guys in Cali can't get the long tube hearders or remove our stock cats. :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
yea u can just dont get caught and find a shop that'll pass anything thier are plenty of them in cali, start hanging out at the drag stip and ask around about who does illegal exhaust work, every modder there knows someone..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Or just hang on to all the stock stuff and swap it out when you go to get smogged. May be a pain in the *** but it's only a few hours of work and is well worth it I'm sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
Or just hang on to all the stock stuff and swap it out when you go to get smogged. May be a pain in the *** but it's only a few hours of work and is well worth it I'm sure.
Ummmm......I'll go with option A:rolleyes: ....LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Rock$tar Titan said:
yeah it was a good truck lenthg.... i was a few feet away from his back tires. I tried but the turd was to fast. I figured the wheel combo killed my chances more than norm.... Just curious as to how it would be with stock wheels.
That's not bad at all. I say you did pretty good against it. Nice job! Change out those wheels and try another one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Toomnymods said:
here's what you need to beat these loser tundras....
Stillen long tube headers, hi flow dynatech powercats, 2.25" custom b-pipes with no resonators, jba evol exhaust ( it has 2.25" to a single 3" Y pipe"
and lastly a uprev tune so for about 1,400 bucks you could become a low 14 second truck that'd walk the dog horribly on them ugly pieces of crap..

oh and get you a detroit tru trac limited slip differential with some nitto low profiles or bfg kdw tires depending on rim size ditch the AT's thier not made for traction on the street..
exactly what i was thinking stillens and tune... i know just getting rid of the drive by wire alone must help tremendously. I will be doing this minus the jba exhaust... using magnaflow instead.

yeh cali laws sux, but like was already mentioned it pays to know someone who smogs. Plus i will being adding the powercats.

supercharger? eh thats alittle drastic for a tundra when all you need is 1400$. for a :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
Rock$tar Titan said:
exactly what i was thinking stillens and tune... i know just getting rid of the drive by wire alone must help tremendously. I will be doing this minus the jba exhaust... using magnaflow instead.

yeh cali laws sux, but like was already mentioned it pays to know someone who smogs. Plus i will being adding the powercats.

supercharger? eh thats alittle drastic for a tundra when all you need is 1400$. for a :)

just keep the diameter piping to 2.25" after the header manifold, with 2.25 hi flow cats then get a 2.25 to 3" y pipe fabbed up then run A SINGLE 3" OUT THE BACK.. magnaflow should provide the same results, just don't ruin it by putting some flowmaster crud on thier thier mufflers suck for this trucks performance..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
thanks..... But is it crucial that the exhaust need be single? I currently have 3 inch into 1 into two 2 1/4 inch pipes with magnaflow.

And i read it was fine to run the stillens without tuning also? (in the meantime) tia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,308 Posts
Right now, I have 3" piping after the Stock Y pipe. I would get Long Tubes, and I have someone who would smog my truck and pass it even with the Long Tubes on, but lets say they go out of business, then what? I'm screwed until I find another person.

What I will do to my truck is put a programmer in it, and JBA Shorties (if they are CARB legal) and be done with mods. I already have an S&B intake and Magnaflow exhaust.

P.S. My muffler isn't like the regular 18" muffler all Titan owners usually put on, its more of like a straight pipe just packed. It's called a Magnapack by MF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
there are some smog shops in ca that are lazy and dont bother to look under the car, they just hook the sniffer and look over the engine compartment from top. If you lose your connection try going to the "sleazy" smog shops in your area vs joe blows popular place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
long as they don't look under the car you will still pass with longtubes with hi flow magnaflow or dynatech cats.. i've already passed 2ce once in n.c. and once here in tx..
 
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Top