Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys (and gals),

I just used a new kind of vacuum cleaner to vacuum out my Titan and it worked so well that I want to tell you about it. My wife found out about it from one of those women's magazines she reads and purchased it at Target.

The name of the vacuum cleaner is the Shark. It is a small cordless vacuum cleaner that operates on rechargeable batteries and comes with its own charging stand. It works kind of like the Black and Decker Dustbuster. Unlike cheap vacuums that are made for cars, this one has lots of suction power. One of the things I like most about it is that it comes with three long extension pickup tubes that can be joined together to make everything a lot easier. Most small, hand vacuums have a short snubnose crevice tool that causes you to do a lot of back bending work. With the Shark, I could add two feet (or more) of extension tubes and stand outside of my Titan and reach under the pedals and everywhere else without bending over.

I have a shop vac but hauling it out and connecting extension cords is very time consuming and the cords get in the way. Useing the Shark made the job short and easy.I vacuumed my whole Titan before work this morning. It comes with a floor extension so it can be used as a floor vac inside the house. If you get one make sure it's the cordless one, the company makes several dfferent models. See the attached picture. I think my wife paid about $59.00 for it. If she's nice, I think I'll let her use it. :teethmast

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Check out the reviews on Target.com

Seems that this is a discontinued item, batteries don't last after a few months and replacement filters are impossible to purchase.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-2/qid=1077294038/ref=sr_2_2/601-4744879-5639351?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000069BF8

I didn't do much more research, just checked there since my wife has a Target gift card she wants to use up. I checked to see if they carried it and while they do, I don't think it is worth $60 if it doesn't work after a few months.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrumaner said:
Check out the reviews on Target.com

Seems that this is a discontinued item, batteries don't last after a few months and replacement filters are impossible to purchase.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-2/qid=1077294038/ref=sr_2_2/601-4744879-5639351?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000069BF8

I didn't do much more research, just checked there since my wife has a Target gift card she wants to use up. I checked to see if they carried it and while they do, I don't think it is worth $60 if it doesn't work after a few months.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Thanks for the feedback. The filters are the semi-permanent type that don't need replacement often and are sold all over the internet. It works great now. If the thing keeps working after several months I will let everyone know. Bad reviews could have been trolls. :jester:

Does anyone out there have a vac that they like?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
Bad reviews could have been trolls.
There were 54 bad reviews on that site. Only 4 or 5 were positive. Let us know in a few months if it is still working please.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can see why some people would be so in love with their Fords that they would troll the Nissan forum, but does brand loyalty apply to vacuum cleaners as well?? I just can't see some hoover fanatic sitting at home writing bogus complaints about another brand......But then again, I've been wrong before!

Electrolux :boxing: "The Shark"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts