Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a volant cai for my 04 LE. I love the thing. It sounds normal when you drive normally, but when you step on the gas, the thing roars! I don't know if it's helped with the mpg yet cause I've been driving it hard since I put the thing on, but I've notices increase in hp.

·
Registered
217 Posts
How was the installation? Did everything line up/fit correctly. Was debating on whether to get the Volant or K&N FIPK..Congrats...Any pics of your new intake :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the install wasn't too bad. I had a little problem getting the the hole on the intake box to line up with the hole on the side of the truck where it gets air from. All in all, it was pretty easy, though. It looks great! I don't have any pics yet. I'll try to get some up in a little while. I would definately suggest this system.

·
Registered
173 Posts
xtremerider954 said:
the install wasn't too bad. I had a little problem getting the the hole on the intake box to line up with the hole on the side of the truck where it gets air from. All in all, it was pretty easy, though. It looks great! I don't have any pics yet. I'll try to get some up in a little while. I would definately suggest this system.

Congrats!!! Now all you have to do is get the Banks cat-back exhaust and you will notice a massive difference in performance(for a $600 mod), and it sounds pretty good too :rockon . Keep going, bro. Sounds like the mod bug has bitten you. It happens to all of us...hehe.

Dave

·
Registered
217 Posts
This was from a previous post...Pretty decent price for a Banks exhaust..

http://www.nissanpartscheap.com/

Nissanpartscheap.com has the Banks going for $485....You can click on the link above....

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
xtremerider954 said:
the install wasn't too bad. I had a little problem getting the the hole on the intake box to line up with the hole on the side of the truck where it gets air from. All in all, it was pretty easy, though...
the trick is to push the metal bracket by the brake fluid res. in towards the engine a little, it'll give the clearance needed to push the air box in smoothly...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bent that metal bracket back and forth about 50 times and snapped it off... no need for it once this goes in. I installed both the CAI and the Ram Scoop in about an hour. Looking back on it, I should have just installed the CAI and drove around for a week or so, then installed the Ram Scoop. But man, between 2800 and 3800 RPM it roars like a beast. I love it.
You guys say the Banks is the best way to go with this Volant system? I had a Flowmaster Muffler on it before I installed the CAI. I don't like the look of exhaust tips on the Titan, which is why I dumped mine after the rear axle. Is there anyway to get just a Banks muffler? Or should I just buy the whole kit and have someone custom bend the tube to hide it? Will I lose performance by doing this? Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
WhiteBoy said:
You guys say the Banks is the best way to go with this Volant system?
IMO, yes. But then again, a lot of what you'll get in here as far as exhausts are concerned is opinion-based. Hell, I've caught myself driving in 105 degree heat with the windows down just so I can hear the rumble of the Banks...lol Tell me that's not obsessive. :coolsmile . Anyway, there are a lot of good systems/combinations out there. I think it just all comes down to preference, I'm sure that it has been proven via Dyno that some exhausts perform better than others, but I would have to guess that the differences are negligible.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts