Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been posted before but i just ran down to Advance and got the black box kit from Turtle wax. Its AWSOME it actually is a black tinted wax and is a 2 step deal. But it works like a champ!! Just thought id share!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I liked the way it worked, If you dont want to use it dont. You certainly know how to get someone to never buy your products.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
I liked the way it worked, If you dont want to use it dont. You certainly know how to get someone to never buy your products.
I don't get why your tripping..

I said it was funny and great marketing which it is because it markets owners of Black Vehicles and those are the hardest ones to keep clean.

The color of the wax has nothing to do with what it does. I could market Pink Wax to sell to all the ladies and it would sell JUST because it's Pink, doesnt matter what it is. You could also mark up the price just because of the color as well and make it look all fancy, bottom line is your getting a wax weather it has 1% percent carnuba or 70% depends on what your looking for.

Buy what you want and use what you like, that's all that matters to the end user.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just say no to Turtle Wax products.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Just say no to Turtle Wax products.
yup same here i will never use turtle wax again ever since that time after apply it to my car it stain it....errrr:teethmast the only thing i use from turtle is the foam tire thingy but only to use it in my wheel well since it leaves it clean and shiny other then that no turtle products...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Not bashing but the Thread name should be.... New Tint for Regular Wax.

Gimmick.... Color doesn't change properties.... wax is what wax is

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
And that stuff that was supposed to fill scratches was crap too... I had a black Shelby... applied the colored crap... still had a gray scratch...

Good thing you took the blue pill.. :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Turtle Wax makes the Ice products........and I absolutely love them. I guess it is all on what makes you happy.

Reactions: tiller87

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm sure that wax will offer some short term filling properties and hide/cover some very minor swirl marks. It's not something I'd use but to each their own.

I've used Turtle wax on my car before and look what happened! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm sure that wax will offer some short term filling properties and hide/cover some very minor swirl marks. It's not something I'd use but to each their own.

I've used Turtle wax on my car before and look what happened! :)
Well put Gary ..... Looks great for a few weeks, dries out, and then the reality of a scratch accentuated by a light wax filling sets in.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Great marketing, just like your huge moving avatar...

QUOTE=P's Titan;1864033]not trying to bash or hate but that's some funny ish..

Great marketing.. it got you ;)[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a obsession with wax. I have used plenty of waxes and while I won't participate in bashing waxes, I say at least the guy is waxing his truck. Thumbs up for that.:)

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
ProTip: The paint that you are actually waxing is clear.

A color tinted wax has no use in a clear coated world. The only possible advantage I could see it having is that it might dry black, which would make it less obvious if you have caked on wax left in little dings or chips.

The key to a good finish is having your clear coat be smooth and CLEAR.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Well put Chunko....

PS... I liked your other avatar better...Thought the moving gun thing was cool

·
Registered
207 Posts
LOL I actually bought that wax and was "schooled" on how to properly detail my truck...and my friend there are no short cuts to detailing and we shouldn't support this type of smokes and mirrors marketing or company! If you want to temporarily fill swirls try a glaze from adams or chemical guys. and if you want to fix the issue and not cover it hire a detailer or I highly recommend a detailing diy seminar, normally held at your local detailer stores.

I have unfortunately tried every product available at pepboys, walmart,autozone...If you must purchase them I recommend sticking with mothers, meguiars and 3m products. Or for real protection thats off the shelf is collinite wax

here's a project I recently finished. unfortunately I don't have before pictures but the swirls were bad!

note the "swirl" you see in the sun spot is actually wax residue

1 - 20 of 45 Posts