Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's '05 SE with 74500 as of today.
Just put them on today. This capped off 3 months worth of upgrades.
18x9 Voxx wheels +12 offset
Cooper Adventure A/T 275/75/18

Recently upgraded
2" level kit with 1" in rear
Upper and Lower replacement control arms
KYB shocks and struts
Injen CAI
Banks Monster Exhaust
SuperChips Cortex on 91 Tune. Thanks SeanDavy
Drill/slotted rotors
Carbon ceramic pads
New Spyder Headlights
EAG Grill with led lights

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
259 Posts
Looks really clean and well kept, especially for an 05! And those miles! My 21 will be there in 3 years!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I bought this in May of 2020 with only 61k for $9000. My goal was to get 5 years out of whatever truck I got. I feel kinda guilty racking up 14k in 1 year but it should have a few years left in her. I am a die hard Ford guy and was in need of a new ride when I found this Titan. For the money I spent, I'm not finding a domestic truck with less than 150k on it. I have become a Titan fan for sure. This is one fun truck.

Reactions: SeanDavy

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
259 Posts
Have you had to do manifolds yet? Any signs of cracking?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They haven't been changed and all seems good there for the moment. What tends to be the lifespan of the factory manifolds? Have I dodged that bullet?

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,317 Posts
Thanks, I bought this in May of 2020 with only 61k for $9000. My goal was to get 5 years out of whatever truck I got. I feel kinda guilty racking up 14k in 1 year but it should have a few years left in her. I am a die hard Ford guy and was in need of a new ride when I found this Titan. For the money I spent, I'm not finding a domestic truck with less than 150k on it. I have become a Titan fan for sure. This is one fun truck.
That's funny as that's how I got into Titans. Last year I had to look for a work truck, found an 06 with about 250K miles on it. Then I got bitten by the truck bug, and 2 Titans later, here I am. The 06 I bought, that engine sounded like it could crank out another 100K miles. Sadly, the rest of the truck was falling apart (cracked dashboard, plastic wheel wells, etc.). I'm guessing if the 06 I found looked as great as yours, I'd still be in that truck. Good luck and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
259 Posts
They haven't been changed and all seems good there for the moment. What tends to be the lifespan of the factory manifolds? Have I dodged that bullet?
There are plenty of threads on here regarding 1st Gen manifolds. If they are the stock ones, start saving now for Cajun Pipes. He’s on here and offers the best (and in a lot of our opinions) the only option for replacements! You are at the “normal” lifespan from a lot of peeps. The years and mileage both take their toll on these. They are simply crap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have started replacing interior pieces as well. First the center bezel. I also found the cluster trim at a local yard that wasn't cracked. I recently found a complete and clean black interior with good leather seats. Door panels, carpet, belts, console all good. I had to pass because I just spent a crap load of cash getting the truck where it is now. The wife has given me a lot of rope to this point but that might have just been what would hang me. The tire stack sitting next to the new rims gat me the raised eyebrow look.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
259 Posts
Looks like a good donor specimen

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No rust and still had what appear to be a good clean rear end in it. I'm sure the truck is stripped good by now. It's a you pull yard so things get busted up quick once the "wrong tool" savages get in there and tear sh*t up.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,317 Posts
I have started replacing interior pieces as well. First the center bezel. I also found the cluster trim at a local yard that wasn't cracked. I recently found a complete and clean black interior with good leather seats. Door panels, carpet, belts, console all good. I had to pass because I just spent a crap load of cash getting the truck where it is now. The wife has given me a lot of rope to this point but that might have just been what would hang me. The tire stack sitting next to the new rims gat me the raised eyebrow look.
If wifey starts to get upset at how much you're spending, your response should be, "You know honey (if pet names allowed) you're absolutely right, putting all this money in is not a good idea. I should just go ahead and pull the trigger on a new Titan". That might give you a little more slack, but don't use it too often or it'll be obvious what you're doing. ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's '05 SE with 74500 as of today.
Just put them on today. This capped off 3 months worth of upgrades.
18x9 Voxx wheels +12 offset
Cooper Adventure A/T 275/75/18

Recently upgraded
2" level kit with 1" in rear
Upper and Lower replacement control arms
KYB shocks and struts
Injen CAI
Banks Monster Exhaust
SuperChips Cortex on 91 Tune. Thanks SeanDavy
Drill/slotted rotors
Carbon ceramic pads
New Spyder Headlights
EAG Grill with led lights
very nice grille also like those tires and rims

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No problem. I was able to find mine in Matte Black so didn't need to paint match it. The listing I just provide is charcoal gray.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
On thing of note and maybe a question. I did not spend the money to buy and install new tpms sensors and so far it hasn't tripped the light. One of the old sensors has been and is still under the truck in the spare tire. Would that last sensor be having that affect?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts