Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.

I'm looking at some Disck Cepek wheels for my 06 LE Crew cab.

But a local shop told me that if I have the factory 18" wheels I also have custom larger calipers which means these wheels and many other will not work. Has anyone come across this? Are you using spacers?

Thanks,

~TC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw man not what I wanted to hear. I need tires and was going to get wheels, lift and tires all at once. My stock wheels look ok but I really wanted to upfrade =[:mad:

Anyone using spacers for wheels with the same problem?

~TC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
All 04-07 Titans have the same calipers and rotors, whether they come with 17" or 18" wheels. I'd go somewhere else and find someone that knows what they are doing. My Titan came with factory 18s and I replaced them with 18x8.5 Gunners. No fitment problems whatsoever.

08's do have larger rotors, so they are limited on 18" aftermarket wheels. Most '08 owners will most likely go with 20's or larger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
BigRedTitan said:
All 04-07 Titans have the same calipers and rotors, whether they come with 17" or 18" wheels.
Well, the calipers are the same, but the 06-07 rotors are not the same. The diameter is the same, but the thickness is not. Even though the rotors are different, it doesn't effect the fitment of wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Dr. James said:
Well, the calipers are the same, but the 06-07 rotors are not the same. The diameter is the same, but the thickness is not. Even though the rotors are different, it doesn't effect the fitment of wheels.

You are right, to a point. The original rotors on 04-05 were thinner, but anyone that got the final brake fix has the same rotors as the 06-07.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
789 Posts
post is useless and we cant help unless you indicate what size wheels your interested in getting? are you going to stick with 18's? what is the size and backspacing?

larger calipers? which ones? stillen big brake kit?

for sure you will not have problems with 20,22 nor 24.

need more info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
SoBeGraphics said:
post is useless and we cant help unless you indicate what size wheels your interested in getting? are you going to stick with 18's? what is the size and backspacing?

larger calipers? which ones? stillen big brake kit?

for sure you will not have problems with 20,22 nor 24.

need more info.
What TitanCake is saying is that he is being told by a wheel shop that "if I have the factory 18" wheels I also have custom larger calipers."

So, this guy is telling him that because he has factory 18" wheels, he has larger calipers, which in fact is not true. As long as back spacing is right, he can choose many 17" aftermarket wheels, and pretty much any wheel that is 18" or larger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,053 Posts
My truck came equipped with 18" wheels. I have the final brake fix, which you are saying is the same as '06-'07. That is entirely correct. I also have 17" wheels on my truck now as well, so do all of the 04-07 OFFROAD versions.

You shouldn't have a problem with ANY 18" or larger wheel. Some grinding on the caliper holder?(correct name?) might be required on 17" wheels though.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top