Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my new wheels & tires. They are Granite Alloy 20's with 285/55 BFG KDW Gen II's.

I was leaning toward 22's initially but didn't want to change the overall dynamics of the vehicle to much so after hours of research I decided on this combo. This wheel/rim combo only weighs 3 lbs more than the stocker. Even though I would have liked more of an aggressive 22 with 45 series tires I do actually use this truck as a truck hauling my skis and such so I didn't want to kill the everyday drivability.

Future plans are to either do the 2/3 drop or just drop the rear to level it out; haven't decided yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
NICE
same as me 20s.
i tried 22s,24s
but the 20s are the best for me overall. HERES a 2/3 drop.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics guys; gives me some ideas as to what I'm looking for.

·
Premium Member
75,175 Posts
nice set up... i had the 20's for a while but compounded with the brake judder issue it drove me nuts.. plus it was a dealer set of rims from FOOSE they wanted 4k for. i priced it out online and it was worth 2800.. needless to say i let the dealer keep the foose package and got my stockers back.

i think 20 is the most functional of the big wheels and gives you enough sidewall to not worry about hitting things. at first i was thinking of making a street machine.. but as i've been on the forums more i want to do an offroad capable truck.

truck looks smooth man!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DeadRiver said:
nice set up... i had the 20's for a while but compounded with the brake judder issue it drove me nuts.. plus it was a dealer set of rims from FOOSE they wanted 4k for. i priced it out online and it was worth 2800.. needless to say i let the dealer keep the foose package and got my stockers back.

i think 20 is the most functional of the big wheels and gives you enough sidewall to not worry about hitting things. at first i was thinking of making a street machine.. but as i've been on the forums more i want to do an offroad capable truck.

truck looks smooth man!
Yeah the Foose wheel line is nice; my friend has 22" Spanks on a '07 GMC but he got them second hand for $1500. As for me I want a street truck but I still need functionality so I went with 20's for now. Also, like you sd I didn't want my wheel so close to pot holes & such. When I was shopping for wheels I quickly noticed a huge $ increase when stepping up to 22's or more. Man I'd hate to spend all that $ and then hit a pot hole.

Thanks for the compliment,

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nice wheels man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts