Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to ****for F*&^ing insurance I had to buy another car before I even made a payment on the titan. I picked up a 2000 Altima SE with 44k miles on it. Heres a quick pick, will try and get some up later.

Story:I was on my way down to buy the Titan when I-25 (major highway in CO) was coming to a stop. I stopped, the girl behind me stoped, but the guy behind her didn't. Ended up a 3 car accident and HE was sited. Well we had some damage to the back of the civic that wasn't to bad(I thought). After 3 weeks of dealing with insurance they finally came back and said that the Civic was totalled. It needed $4600 in repairs and it was only worth $4900. TOTAL BULL****, it was worth $6-6500 with how clean it was, BRAND new tires, custom system, low miles for its age. Also, they over assesed the dammage, it was only around 3500. So between them not giving me much for the civic and insurance adjusted saying it was $4600 in repairs, they totalled it. I talked to a lawyer and lucky got $5770 for it and bought the Altima. All this BEFORE I even made a payment on the Titan :D

Edit: I had a 2000 Ranger XLT, was buying a Titan to replace it. I had a Civic for the wife. I wrecked the civic when I bought the Titan, so I needed to buy a replacement for the civic.

·
Registered
274 Posts
:huh: Umm, why didn't you buy another Titan?:huh:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edited my first post...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Why not use the money from the Civic towards the Titan? I am assuming you were going to trade in on the Titan anyway!

Good luck with your altima.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm still confused...........:confused:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sounds to me like he already had the titan (for a short time) and the civic was a second vehicle. Totaled the civic so needed another second vehicle. Just the way I read it. maybe wrong though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
yes, sorry, bought a Titan to replace a Ranger. The civic was the wife's car.

Edit for a SECOND time...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts