Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up y'all? New to the forum. Currently looking to purchase a 2015 Titan Crew Cab Pro 4x w/approximately 44 miles on it. Looking to upgrade to a full size truck to handle my towing needs (3000+ lbs boat/trailer), dump runs, camping in unimproved areas, driving to Tahoe and longer road trips to OR, possibly ID or across country, and daily driving.

Just wondering about the reliability/performance of the Titan (my cousin owns a 2wd one and loves it). With the introduction of the 2016, there's definitely some good deals on pre '16 Titan's, just a little hard to find. I've been hesitant on the move to a full size truck, mostly due to the increase in size. From what I gather from internet reviews and forum comments the Titan gets pretty fair reviews an is an excellent value. Aint gonna lie, I love the Raptor, but the price tag is another deterrent. Currently driving a 2003 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab w/200k miles. Can anyone give feedback on the Titan's comfort on longer road trips?

I'm a high school teacher here, we live about 9 miles away from the ocean. Grew up snowboarding/skateboarding, mountain biking, camping, fishing, kayaking, and just having a good time in the outdoors. Plenty of that stuff to do around here, except it's CA and it's crowded! Looking to get way on my summer's off! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Titan's comfort on longer road trips?
Mine was excellent. We often did 1000 miles a day pulling the car hauler.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've done a handful of 8ish hour trips in my T. Mine is lifted, with 35s, and even then it's still comfortable to take trips in.

The Raptor is a gorgeous freaking truck, no doubt, but for what it sounds like you need a truck for it's just not nearly as practical as the T. Also, the Raptor gets less mpg than the T, for your commuting purposes (never thought I'd say anything got less mileage than a T...).

You really can't beat the value, or reliability, on these trucks. I upgraded from a 2007 Taco Double Cab and haven't looked back since. The only thing I really miss about Toyota is the aftermarket...there's not nearly as much for the T, but there's still plenty out there to satisfy the mod bug.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find a smoking deal, the Titan really is a great truck. :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts