Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been reading the posts for a few weeks now and finally decided to join in and say :hi: I have had my ride for approximately a month now and still have a smile ear to ear every time I drive it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
so. cal. vet said:
congrats jarhead! so you want people, to call you jarhead. have fun with truck.
Once a jarhead, always a jarhead !!!!!!!!Wanna fight about it ??? :boxing: :upsidedow :jester: :cheers:

Enjoy the truck and remember, "Semper Fi" !!!!!! Oooooooh Raaaaaah !!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blavis said:
Welcome to TT:cheers: That is a great looking truck:D

So is yours! I think your bias because of the color....lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so. cal. vet said:
congrats jarhead! so you want people, to call you jarhead. have fun with truck.

Was called a jarhead for over 20 kinda got use to it...:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lurchdubious said:
congrats! looks good. what are those extra lil air filters in your engine?

When I put my CAI on I terminated the breather lines with those and capped them on the intake tube. I felt that this serves two purposes:

1. It keeps the oil from being feed back into the engine
2. It keeps the hot air from being feed back into the engine as well.

Don't know if it does much good? I'm up for a discussion about it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to TT Jarhead.
Great looking truck.
I was curious about the breather filters also. Looking forward to the discussions.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Welcome to TT. I too am in the Burg. If you have lived here very long we most likely know each other. Hope you have checked the Daytona meet out.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
welcome to the forum Jarhead, good job on the exhaust tips. I've got the same setup on my 04' but I used the stainless silvertips. Hows the dual Magnaflow exhaust sound? Because mines an 04' it has the y-pipe going single into a Flowmaster 70 series and out dual, its LOUD!
Truck looks good, welcome!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jasonmotox said:
welcome to the forum Jarhead, good job on the exhaust tips. I've got the same setup on my 04' but I used the stainless silvertips. Hows the dual Magnaflow exhaust sound? Because mines an 04' it has the y-pipe going single into a Flowmaster 70 series and out dual, its LOUD!
Truck looks good, welcome!
The 07 have two separate exhaust manifolds feeding into one muffler and then out to a single tail pipe. I replace it with the single muffler two in two out with the 3.25" tips. I like it because the sound on a normal driving situation is not overbearing but when I get on it between the exhaust, TBS, and intake I can make some noise.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Jarhead904 said:
The 07 have two separate exhaust manifolds feeding into one muffler and then out to a single tail pipe. I replace it with the single muffler two in two out with the 3.25" tips. I like it because the sound on a normal driving situation is not overbearing but when I get on it between the exhaust, TBS, and intake I can make some noise.
have you been in Middleburg long? I grew up out on 215 and graduated from MHS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jasonmotox said:
have you been in Middleburg long? I grew up out on 215 and graduated from MHS.
I moved here in 2004 so I've only been here a short time. My wife has lived here most of her life. I am getting to know the area more and more and this is where I expect them too burn me when I die. Both my wife and I have family (parents, borthers etc...) in the areas.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Jarhead904 said:
I moved here in 2004 so I've only been here a short time. My wife has lived here most of her life. I am getting to know the area more and more and this is where I expect them too burn me when I die. Both my wife and I have family (parents, borthers etc...) in the areas.
so you want to be burned when you die huh? are you a viking? LOL!
I've got lots of family in the Burg, they pretty much span across all the land in that area. We'll have to meet up with Ourbaby he's in the Burg and go to the power lines. There's a alot of clay pit mud holes out there. it'd be fun:upsidedow

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jasonmotox said:
so you want to be burned when you die huh? are you a viking? LOL!
I've got lots of family in the Burg, they pretty much span across all the land in that area. We'll have to meet up with Ourbaby he's in the Burg and go to the power lines. There's a alot of clay pit mud holes out there. it'd be fun:upsidedow

Sounds like a place I can bring my ATV. Unfortunately, my titan is not 4X4. I could not justify the cost when it is all said and done with. I have the ATV for hunting so the only thing I really needed was somehting to pull with and what I got will work just fine for that. I also got to thinking more about my exhaust. I had the exhaust done a "All Mufflers Dirt Cheap" on Blanding. He did a great job and was very patient with me when I had to ensure the tail pipes were perfectly aligned etc... Anyhow, I initially asked for a FlowMaster and he recommend what I got. It is the exact same design (patent expired) as the FlowMaster and when I compared them I could see little difference but it was approximately $100.00 cheaper.

My total was $275.00 for replacing from the cats back with a 2 in 2 out muffler, the pipes, and 3.25" tips.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Wahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:upsidedow Gotta hurry the biggun gets painted in late Sept. and I will be less apt to take her out......Well maybe not. Say when....Have not put the boggers to work in clay yet:gunz: ... Lets get dirty. :jester:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Jarhead904 said:
Sounds like a place I can bring my ATV. Unfortunately, my titan is not 4X4. I could not justify the cost when it is all said and done with. I have the ATV for hunting so the only thing I really needed was somehting to pull with and what I got will work just fine for that. I also got to thinking more about my exhaust. I had the exhaust done a "All Mufflers Dirt Cheap" on Blanding. He did a great job and was very patient with me when I had to ensure the tail pipes were perfectly aligned etc... Anyhow, I initially asked for a FlowMaster and he recommend what I got. It is the exact same design (patent expired) as the FlowMaster and when I compared them I could see little difference but it was approximately $100.00 cheaper.

My total was $275.00 for replacing from the cats back with a 2 in 2 out muffler, the pipes, and 3.25" tips.
sounds like a good deal to me. next time try ol Smitty's Muffler shop over off Long Bay. Donald does great work there, I went to school with him so he only charged me $160 for everything. The stainless steel tips are the way to go IMO.
Where you hunt at? I got a club just north of Lake city but it burnt to the ground during that big fire that started in Georgia. I've got a Polaris 450 we should ride some time!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Ourbaby said:
Wahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:upsidedow Gotta hurry the biggun gets painted in late Sept. and I will be less apt to take her out......Well maybe not. Say when....Have not put the boggers to work in clay yet:gunz: ... Lets get dirty. :jester:
yeah I'd love to video my Titan pullin out that big old truck!!:jester:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
:jester: I tell you what...I will let you go first and then when you get stuck I will pull you out and then drive through your ruts...come back and pull you through it...:jester: J/K That is the only problem with boggers I have to go last if were playing or else you wont make it they tend to tear things up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts