Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. okay, when i first got my titan and wanted to put a leveling kit on it, my friend swore to me that i wouldn't be satisfied. well, i installed the leveling kit anyway, it did great, but he was right. i want to go higher now. ive been looking at a cst lift. i have an '08 titan se 2wd. im on stock wheels/tires. im looking to go 6-8in and put some bigger tires on.

first off, what do you guys recommend for a good lift for a 2wd for a decent price? ive heard cst is pretty pricey, but doesnt have many problems with it after install. (you get what you pay for, yadda yadda)

also, im not too knowledgeable about the entire lift process (ie: rack/pinion/spindle/swaybar? :confused: what? haha) but i dont want to have to cut or weld anything on the truck, so if i need to i can go back to stock i can.

also, with an 8in lift, what max size tires can you put on?

i appreciate all your input guys! and thanks for the help! TT has been nothing but awesome to me since ive joined!

·
Banned
3,832 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
come on BB thats for 4wd titans :hi::hi:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
When you learn how to read, you'll find that the differences and additional requirements for 2WD are spattered throughout that write-up......

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
hey guys. okay, when i first got my titan and wanted to put a leveling kit on it, my friend swore to me that i wouldn't be satisfied. well, i installed the leveling kit anyway, it did great, but he was right. i want to go higher now. ive been looking at a cst lift. i have an '08 titan se 2wd. im on stock wheels/tires. im looking to go 6-8in and put some bigger tires on.

first off, what do you guys recommend for a good lift for a 2wd for a decent price? ive heard cst is pretty pricey, but doesnt have many problems with it after install. (you get what you pay for, yadda yadda)

also, im not too knowledgeable about the entire lift process (ie: rack/pinion/spindle/swaybar? :confused: what? haha) but i dont want to have to cut or weld anything on the truck, so if i need to i can go back to stock i can.

also, with an 8in lift, what max size tires can you put on?

i appreciate all your input guys! and thanks for the help! TT has been nothing but awesome to me since ive joined!

if you dont plan of spending too much money you can go with pro comp stage 1 which gives you 6" BUT i should warn you to save some money after worths and buy coilovers cause you be using your stocks but it should be alright and maybe even the lowest and pretty decent...just dont go off roading with stocks cause i learn my lesson i bent my stock coils and it was sucky for two weeks till i bought new coils.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Simple:

If you want to use/abuse the truck, the PRG/CST 4" Spindle lift kit is the way to go. It's upgradeable, etc.

If you want it to sit high/look pretty.... go with the CST 8" kit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simple:

If you want to use/abuse the truck, the PRG/CST 4" Spindle lift kit is the way to go. It's upgradeable, etc.

If you want it to sit high/look pretty.... go with the CST 8" kit.
yeah, im lookin to sit high and add some more aggressive looking tires/nice wheels. not too familiar with all the different types of lifts, ie: spindle lift, blocks? not sure, but im doing some reading from what everyone has been showing me! its a lot to take in! haha! thanks!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
yeah, im lookin to sit high and add some more aggressive looking tires/nice wheels. not too familiar with all the different types of lifts, ie: spindle lift, blocks? not sure, but im doing some reading from what everyone has been showing me! its a lot to take in! haha! thanks!
well what you can do is someone here last night posted a 12" bullet prof lift for only $750 the only prob with it is it blue kind of like he blue from the fox coil all you need to do is get it painted black and you will have a monster.let me look for the thread.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
alright here it is its under the for sale section: Used 12in Bulletproof lift !! $$ 1000.00 the add says $1000 but he only wants $750

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
When you learn how to read, you'll find that the differences and additional requirements for 2WD are spattered throughout that write-up......
those bracket lift applications which can be used for 2wd but not the best option.. he doesnt even mention the 4'' cst or 8'' cst lifts!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts