Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone Im the rookie here. I got an 04 k.c., right off the bat I got just some basic q's. I got a base model that need up grade looking for front & rear chrome bumper, where is the best place to purchase? Also are all the ignition key chipped? Thanx

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yes, all the ignitions require chipped keys.

The bumpers, sometimes members here sell them or they list on eBay. Dealers cost way too much and junkyards just don't have all that many Titans yet. There are a few options for aftermarket bumpers but they're mostly off-road or winch-mount stuff.

Oh, and welcome to the site! Congrats on the truck! Hope you come to love it as much as most of us do!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Welcome to T.T.!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Welcome to TT!! You should be able to find the bumpers you're looking for, just keep an eye on the F/S section. Enjoy hte ride!!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
^^^ What? No chipped keys? How dare they sell you a Titan with no chipped keys! Are you sure my good fellow?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yeah? Did they change this in '07? Anybody else with an '07 or '08 that can chime in here?

·
Registered
85 Posts
welcome---04 has chipped keys

·
Registered
674 Posts
Had a few spares made at wally world and all of them work perfectly.....the guy at the counter tested it and no chip.......3 spare keys cost me 6.00.

·
Registered
1 Posts
whats up titan peeps? just traded my 04 crewcab for 08 crewcab i have 6 spoke alloys with okay tires for sale or trade for an cold air intake. i just found this site and so far it's great lots of info. hats off to all of you'll. i live in humble,tx if interested

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
val said:
Ditto here..........:idea:

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
ednrobin said:
whats up titan peeps? just traded my 04 crewcab for 08 crewcab i have 6 spoke alloys with okay tires for sale or trade for an cold air intake. i just found this site and so far it's great lots of info. hats off to all of you'll. i live in humble,tx if interested
Try starting your own thread in the buy/sale section...I`m sure you will get much better results....Congrats on the 08.....

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
val said:
I believe this much has been established. So do the '05 and '06. Now, back to the question. Do the '07 & '08 models have chipped keys?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Only if they have the NVIS(NISSAN VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM-NATS) as an option.

·
Registered
268 Posts
08' SE's and LE's have chipped keys.
XE's do not.
Per Nissans website.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Welcome to TT!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts