Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to modding a vehicle, as this titan is my first vehicle to go this far.
i got the s&b because of the price and saw that numerous other people here and a couple of other forums have it also. easy install, except that the tube doesn't mate up to the throttle body that well, it's probably close enough.

this is the first cai i have ever installed, so i don't know what is normal, as in sounds. there is a resonating/vibration at around 2700-2900 rpm when i get on the throttle and it goes away after 3000. this sound was pretty loud until i filled in the gaps between the air box and fender well with foam pipe insulation, pipe insulation tape to the bottom of the air box and re-adjusted the clamps at the throttle boddy. the sound is still there, but suppressed a little...mostly what is gone is the felt vibration/resonance.

my search yielded threads from 2007, old info...so i was wondering if this sound is normal, if not can it be eliminated?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You'll never get rid of all the resonance. I'm convinced most of it is resonating inside the fender.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i used furniture pads to stop the metal on metal vibrations. then i used black panty hose over the filter to blacken everything up. i have the nizmo. the pic in my sig is before the panty hose mode.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Try taking the lid off and see if its gone. I just tried that and mine went away. The lid was vibrating aganist the housing. I called s&b and told them what problem I was having. They told me they would see what fix they could come up with. I plan on calling them back today. 8 screws or a thicker lid would fix mine. Imo....

·
Registered
36 Posts
My S&B has never made any noise. How do you have your box mounted?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I cut up a mousepad and put it under the box... no more noise. Time for you to do the ram air mod!!

Linky

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did something similar to sudden urge's method. i'll take a look at it again later. maybe the noise i am hearing is normal. since, this is my first ever cai...it's likely that i am worrying about nothing.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I retightened the lid and it solved that problem for me.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
S&b is sending me some rubber washers to place under the lid. They have been very good at returning calls and are doing everything to help me solve the issue. I also placed padding under the box but my noise was he lid making the racket...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts