·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally Posted by undrgnd
Straight from the horse's mouth, emailed to me, one week ago:

We do hope to have the end user tunable version of Osiris ready for beta
testing by the end of the year which would put the released version sometime
in Jan. We are going to make it a free upgrade for current Osiris users.

Later,

Jared

Hope this is made available to us. Anybody else heard any info on this?

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The bata version has been in used by a member that i know, he says the nissan ecm is finicky, you better know what you are doing when tuning with this software.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Their is a self tunable version out and I have seen it. I can't really say about how or when they will release it.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It's not only out...it's been out for over a year!!!!!

I actually know two speed shops that have the end user product now too.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
I have only heard what is typed in the original post from Jared. Glad to know it's going to be a free upgrade for current users. Cant wait to see the differences. This may explain some of the turnaround time for the tunes right now. Jared mentioning something like it had to run out.....or the licensing.....i dunno.

·
Registered
237 Posts
titanss said:
The bata version has been in used by a member that i know, he says the nissan ecm is finicky, you better know what you are doing when tuning with this software.

Better know what you're doing tuning any vehicle, not just Nissan's.

A big mistake can make your engine go "BOOM" or kill your tranny quickly if you don't know what you're doing. My advice is read up and fully understand how engines work and don't be afraid to ask questions on tuning by people who tune their own cars/trucks. Better understand simple things like MAP, MAF, VE, PE, g/c/sec, fuel requirements & curves, etc.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Darkblueta said:
Better know what you're doing tuning any vehicle, not just Nissan's.

A big mistake can make your engine go "BOOM" or kill your tranny quickly if you don't know what you're doing. My advice is read up and fully understand how engines work and don't be afraid to ask questions on tuning by people who tune their own cars/trucks. Better understand simple things like MAP, MAF, VE, PE, g/c/sec, fuel requirements & curves, etc.

^^^ what he said^^^

I work in a dyno shop and see tons of guys bring their bikes in with melted motors running them too lean from "custom tunes" and maps. Here is an idea of what you will do to your engine :flamed:

·
Registered
237 Posts
roy365 said:
Thats why we send etunes to Uprev for them to handle the tuning right????
They'll get it close but not exact and if you're blown/turbo or Nitrous, they're going to keep it seriously rich for safety issues. Problem with that is if you're THAT rich and punch it a lot, you'll hurt the motor and/or the kitties. I've been begging Uprev to allow someone like myself to be able to buy the program from them, so I could custom tune my truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.