Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Titan CC has just over 2k on it. Last night I found a small spot about the size of a pin head where the paint was chipped away on the upper edge of the drivers front door. I thought that was really an odd place since nothing ever touches or rubs there. I did a more careful inspection of the truck and found two other areas just like this.

Is it possible I have a bad paint job? Should the dealer remedy this?

These holes were not there when I took possession of the truck last month.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
You probably had something small whack the area ( rock). I doubt the dealer is going to take care of it for you. Just get a little touch up and fix it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All three area are in "seams" though. These are not just nicks in the paint. You can feel a substantial difference in the height of the paint when you run your fingers over them.

Like everyone else I have had "nicks" or "dings" in cars over the years, but Ive never had holes that go the whole way through the paint.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I also have an 07 and have found a couple of places on the back of the cab where the paint has chipped off,not all the way to the metal but a coupls of layers down.I ordered the touch up paint and fixed it but i still know where it is, dont think anybody else can tell.

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Are you referring to holes in the seamfiller material? If you are, the filler might have had air in it and the bubbles burst, leaving the holes you see. Fill it in with touch up paint and it will fill in the voids.

Clint

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
If its hard to see touch up is the way to go. If the repaint the door there is a good chance the paint will not exactly match the rest of the truck.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I am having problems with the paint on my 07 as well. There is another thread on this forum that has 4 pages of paint problem complaints - 04's - 08's. There is obviously a problem with the manufacturing paint quality.

·
Registered
107 Posts
'07 KC SE Granite (3400 miles) with the same pin size paint chips you are having. I'm currently searching for touchup paint....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took my new '07 home about two months ago and the next weekend while wahsing her up, found a chip on the drivers side door edge and on the edge of the tailgate. Both were about a 1/4" long. I just went in and told my salesman about it and that I didn't want anything but a touch-up pen to fix it. They ordered me one in and just gave it to me. I did find above the passenger side tailight where the red alert paint didn't fully cover the primer underneath also, but I think the truck would look worse having them try and touch up the paint and orange peel finish...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
And Nissan can't figure out why the Titan's sales are lacking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts