Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I on Thursday I'm Leaving Ft Bragg and driving to Ft Richardson, AK. I bought Nitto Trail Grapplers, but I'm not putting them on till I get there. No use throwing 4300 miles on em when my tires will make it with no problem. I'm leveling it as soon as I get there and now im thinking headers or a Hypertech programer. What do you guys think. Already got AEM cai and flowmasters.

2004 CC SE Off Road

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Ha I just drove down from Elmendorf which is Ft Richs neighbor up there. I was there for 3 years. Make sure you pack extra gas. As for mods, I say wait for your PCS voucher than buy headers and Uprev.

I just got paid my travel voucher and bought my other ride[mustang] headers, x pipe, new tune, eibach pro springs, LCAs, Exedy mach 500 clutch, adjustable pan hard bar and still have plenty of money left over.

Have fun up there man. You will love Alaska. I did. Let me know if you need to know anything about the area. Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I say a shotgun and some fireworks.. But seriously I hope to get stationed there one day and would LOVE that drive. Oh and if stranded don't drink your own pee like Bear Grylls

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This might be a dumb question, but whats the uprev? Is the Hypertech not worth it. And how much fun is it to play in the dirt up there. I cant freakin' wait.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
UpRev - Engine Management

It is the only costume tuning for our trucks. If you are planning on getting headers, than it is the only way to go. Bully Dog, Super Chips and Hypertech are good if you stick with just CAI, and simple exhaust work such as cat backs or muffler swaps. I used to have a Bully Dog Triple GT tuner and it was awesome. You could mount it and use it to monitor a crap load of parameters. The superchip cortex does the same thing but cant be mounted. I dont think the Hypertech is as popular around here as BD and SC.

Its awesome off roading up there. Jims Creek is the most common to go camping/riding/ off road but its pure silt so may mess stuff up over time. Sutton is an awesome place to go camping and riding. When are you heading up? Its a really nice summer right now which is rare lol. last year there was a record breaking 32 days straight of rain which was most of the Alaskan summer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im leaving in 2 days. LONG drive. I haven't looked a lot into mods other than intake and exhaust until now. I have taken care of my baby though, trans, dif, radiator, oil way to often. I thought id switch up, but now I want it for as long as it'll let me. So which option on the Uprev website is the one to go for. I probably should have got a 05 to start with cause my 04 has a lot less options.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Good luck man it is a beautiful drive take your time and enjoy it. I will be making the reverse trip from Fairbanks to Fort Drum NY then down to Fort Campbell KY. I cant wait to do it again. Last time I drove it I left in January hell of a drive let me tell you road was nothing but ICE. And you will love it up there I did and plan on going back.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Im leaving in 2 days. LONG drive. I haven't looked a lot into mods other than intake and exhaust until now. I have taken care of my baby though, trans, dif, radiator, oil way to often. I thought id switch up, but now I want it for as long as it'll let me. So which option on the Uprev website is the one to go for. I probably should have got a 05 to start with cause my 04 has a lot less options.
I say just get the e mail tunes. A lot of people run those and are more than happy with the results unless you plan on oing some crazy stuff with the truck like forced induction etc.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Don't forget a remote start, great addition for those long Alaska winters. Safe and Sound and Shades of Competition are two good places in town to check.

Reactions: jpac811
1 - 10 of 10 Posts