Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to place my order with TAP but can't decide on gloss black or textured black ? I really wanted a matte finish to go with my Fuel Hostage's but I didn't see the Nfab's in that choice. For those with the textured could you tell me if they are just a flat black or does it somewhere look like a matte finish? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the nfab textured. Since i have a black pro4-x I wanted the steps to break up all the gloss black and didn't want to add to it.

They def have the flat black color and to me look better than the gloss IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Well if they're anything like mine, they'll be rusted after a year and half and you can sandblast and powdercoat them whatever color you want.

Reactions: agnostic x

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the nfab textured. Since i have a black pro4-x I wanted the steps to break up all the gloss black and didn't want to add to it.

They def have the flat black color and to me look better than the gloss IMO.
Thanks! Looking at your picture it does look like it has somewhat of a matte sheen to it or is just the lighting. I don't have anything gloss black in my truck. Does it make the truck seem lower since the steps are protruding down vs flat across like the regular oval bars?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! Looking at your picture it does look like it has somewhat of a matte sheen to it or is just the lighting. I don't have anything gloss black in my truck. Does it make the truck seem lower since the steps are protruding down vs flat across like the regular oval bars?
Yeah it's subtle and that picture was just after installing them. I've had them for about 6 months now and after washes, rain, mud, etc some of that initial sheen is gone without the fade of the color.

In regards to the steps affecting height, the angle doesn't really do it any justice but side by side with the stock steps you lose about a half inch at the nfab's lowest point.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's subtle and that picture was just after installing them. I've had them for about 6 months now and after washes, rain, mud, etc some of that initial sheen is gone without the fade of the color.

In regards to the steps affecting height, the angle doesn't really do it any justice but side by side with the stock steps you lose about a half inch at the nfab's lowest point.
Thanks for your input! I'll probably use Chemical Guys JetSeal Sealant to protect it from UV rays, harsh environment and everything else. So I'll go with the textured finish! Thanks again

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The textured ones will look better on your truck for sure. The 303 protectant also offers UV protection and it is not shiny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts