Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these plugs supposed to be better than the laser iridium plugs that are OEM for our trucks? What's the difference between them? Has anyone tried and put them in? Just curious

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
The search function is your friend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I typed it in the search at the top of the page but I didn't see anything relating to them? I don't wanna be that guy lol but is there really a difference or just stick with OEM ones

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I just typed "ruthenium" in the search bar to "Search Community" and came up with a lot of hits. Second on the list is a long thread (74 posts) detailing one member's experience with input from numerous others. Not sure what you searched for but come on. It's not hard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put NGK Ruthenium spark plugs in the search and just kept showing spark plugs, nothing to do with ruthenium, but I'll just type ruthenium in and look at the threads, thanks again dude, maybe I should just shorten my search

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yah that's the one, I took a look at it this morning, sounds like they are just as good as the laser iridium a and a bit cheaper

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,459 Posts
You usually get what you pay for...

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Put in what came in the truck, you don’t want to do it twice. Being a cheapskate usually costs you more money than it saves you.

Clint

Reactions: matt20

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I totally understand, I was thinking of putting those plugs in but like you said best if you just put in the OEM ones

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yah I'm only at 60k right now, just looking for when it comes time to do them which would be best and I'm just gonna stick with the OEM NGK's, on a side note I did get new tires installed today, 285/60r20 Duratrac's and love them so far

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
If you check with NGK, they recommend the original iridium and the new rutheniums. Price difference is a dollar or two a plug, so not significant. The advantages of ruthenium are detailed on the NGK site. The reason they're not the OEM plugs is because ruthenium is a newer technology than the Gen1 Titan (and wasn't available when the Titans were designed).

Reactions: dkmura
1 - 13 of 13 Posts