1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glad I got the titan. Good read.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
very nice... funny thing is I was out working one evening and pulled into a QuikStop, seeing a white rental CC parked in a stall in front (had an bright green "e" sticker on rear for Enterprise Rental aka: "steal this" / "jack me" sticker...) As I was giving it the visual admiration on my way into the store, 4 cowboys stumble out towards the Titan... I strike up a conversation and ask if the Titan's theirs, one fella says, "it's a rental, but deeamn does it drive..." A second fella says, "I got's my Ford at the motel but this thang is just impressive... hee-yell, I might be buyin' one very soon..." I told 'em to have a great night and smiled as they drove away... I could just see them arguing about who get's to drive in the morning...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Titan had the lowest price too.;)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Their numbers must be off though. They show the Titans 0-60 under 8 seconds, and the Tundras over 8. The Tundra is faster to 60 though. Odd.
There are some numbers that are off, but the acceleration numbers look right. The things that look wrong to me is the tremendous braking performance of a loaded F150. The Ram 1500 also shows better braking performance when loaded than not. Spec's also show the rear rotor size larger than the front on three of the trucks, which is unusual.

Attached is a spreadsheet of the performance data from the article. Items in green are best performance number. Items in orange are questionable numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
There are some numbers that are off, but the acceleration numbers look right. The things that look wrong to me is the tremendous braking performance of a loaded F150. The Ram 1500 also shows better braking performance when loaded than not. Spec's also show the rear rotor size larger than the front on three of the trucks, which is unusual.

Attached is a spreadsheet of the performance data from the article. Items in green are best performance number. Items in orange are questionable numbers.
One thing that always gets to me, is that when reviewed, many writters complain about the exhaust noise. They say it's too loud. Look at those figures and you'll see it's better than most. I like the sound even of the stock set-up.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Nice article.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
MuskyHunter said:

Well of course the F150 brakes better, its slower so its gonna stop first :clap: Not to mention that it has an anchor dragging behind it

what shocks me is the MPG of the Titan in the article.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
MuskyHunter said:

Those numbers look better. The ones on each trucks page are incorrect.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I assume those numbers are based on the '07 MY. The brakes on the '08 are way bigger and damn near throw you through the front windshield if you more than just tap them.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
BayStateSuks said:
I assume those numbers are based on the '07 MY. The brakes on the '08 are way bigger and damn near throw you through the front windshield if you more than just tap them.
Although I've had my brakes replaced twice on my 04, it was done because of the rotors warping, not because they didn't stop the truck. I think they work excellent. Always have.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Jeez, did the price of half tons go up that much? $47K for a Dodge 1500, thats insanity and about 17K higher then I'd guess it would be. Espcially considering in a years time you'd be lucky to get half that back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts