Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought front and rear burgers for the T and my goal was to make burgers that say "NISMO"

I filled in the "NISSAN" with bondo, sanded, primed, painted, then applied the Nismo decals and sprayed clear coat over the decals...

All was going well until the last two coats when I noticed the decals were starting to shrival up on themselves and form air bubbles underneath.

Thats when I realized that the clear coat had gotten under the decals and had a reaction with the glue on the decals...

So I peeled off the decals and put on another can each of primer, black, and clearcoat.

When the clear coat dried it left a milky haze. So I used 2000 grit finishing sand paper and wet sanded the burgers.

Then I used polishing compound to buff them out, but after 3 times of buffing I could still see sand paper scratches.

So I decided then...Plastidip!!! So again I sanded them down with the 2000 grit and cleaned them up then put on 7 coats of Plastidip then applied the decals...

I used Dupli-colors 8oz cans of Nissan general primer, black and clearcoat...

It was a learning experience to say the least, and what I learned most is that I hate painting!!!

So what do you guys think? this is the progression thru the stages and the last Five are with the plastidip:

Plastdipped:

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Looks sick!!!

Btw I won't get around to those traction bars. Sorry man. Maybe next summer if you still need them.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Looks sweet man, post pics when you mount them!

·
Registered
203 Posts
They look really awesome man!! I can't wait to see them on the T, they should look killer!!

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Damn man! Nice job! Let's see them on the truck. Sweet lookin', one of a kind truck BTW.

You should paint the V8 TITAN black.

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great job, they look great.:)
They look really awesome man!! I can't wait to see them on the T, they should look killer!!
Looks sweet. I really like the larger decal.

Sent From DroidX Using Awesomeness
Damn man! Nice job! Let's see them on the truck. Sweet lookin', one of a kind truck BTW.

You should paint the V8 TITAN black.
thanks everyone! I was worried that there will be some that say "thats too much "nismo" on the truck!" lol

I'm thinking that I may need to remove the "NISMO" on the front of the hood though but I'll wait till its on a shoot some pics to see how it looks...

...and I still have plenty of plastidip leftover so the "V8 TITAN" emblems may be seeing black sooner rather than later...

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Then I suggest gun metal gray pd with metalisizer for a cool affect. I did this on my smoke titan-- it rocks!

It looks silver in light, or blends with the truck depending on lighting and angle. Looks really good.

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then I suggest gun metal gray pd with metalisizer for a cool affect. I did this on my smoke titan-- it rocks!

It looks silver in light, or blends with the truck depending on lighting and angle. Looks really good.

Sent from my Desire HD
you got pics?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Do a test emblem and hold/tape it up to the paint to see how you like it. Then to darken, if necessary, a couple layers of smoke which is translucent, then top off with more metallisizer.... The more layers of.the metallisizer the shinier it gets. I used two coats.

Sent from my Desire HD

1 - 20 of 47 Posts