Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Titantalk,

New member here but I've been on car forums for a while now, so i searched around for my problem a lot before deciding to register and post. I have had my Titan since june of 2008, bought it brand new. Slapped a Banks Exhaust on it and decided I wanted more. So I bought a Nismo cold air intake in december and installed it shortly after in January. Now here is the problematic part...

The bolt holding the actual intake tubing to the heatshield was a piece of junk and snapped in half when I was tightening it. I looked arouned and couldn't find a replacement anywhere so I built one out of rubber spacers and a bolt. Holds it pretty steady, but I would like to get a new OEM bolt at some point...anybody know where I can find one?

Second issue...the bolts that bind the heatshield to the fenderwell at the bottom were a huge pain in the butt to install, so I decided against it. The heatshield itself is perfectly secure and hasn't had any issues in the 700+ miles I have driven with it secured as such. Should I maybe secure the bottom somehow? Or will it matter?

Thanks a lot in advance guys, great forums you got here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i heard the AEM intake was the same.. maybe call them for the part. or call the place you bought it at.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Don't worry about the lower bolts, most don't install them and it's fine.

You can get a replacement bolt at any hardware store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts