Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my '05 Titan, which i got used came w Nismo :confused: CAI.
thing is i have no idea how/when to care for the filter.

it has about 20k on it. when does one replace the filter, or is it washable?
sorry, i have no clue about that mod, other than it sure sounds good w the Banks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
you can do either...but with the filter being an oil filter, just take it off, shake it a bit to get any loose debris (bugs, dirt) off of it, the wash it with the hose, let dry, then LIGHTLY oil with the K&N recharge kit. (usually about 20 bucks or less @ Kragen or pep boys)

and your done! Its really easy, just make sure you do not OVER OIL the filter as it can damage a MAF sensor. But with the K&N Kit, it has aersol spray oil (if I remember correctly) so it is really easy to use the right amount.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Shaking and washing wont work with a oiled cotton filter.

However K&N makes a filter cleaning kit which includes a solution that will break down the oil allowing water to wash the oil and the trapped contaminants from the cotton mesh.

It also includes the oil needed refresh the filter afterwards.

If you ever tried to wash your hands with water after you have a thick coat of oil on them you know why you need a cleaning solution.

·
Registered
268 Posts
baseballfanz said:
If you want to replace the filter itself, I would recommend a dry filter from AEM or Amsoil.
Would you happen to know which filter to use from them and how much they would run. This is something that I have been thinking about for a while now, didn't know if they offered any or not though.

My car has already gone through four MAF sensors, the truck hasn't had any problems though

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Would you happen to know which filter to use from them and how much they would run. This is something that I have been thinking about for a while now, didn't know if they offered any or not though.

My car has already gone through four MAF sensors, the truck hasn't had any problems though
Go here, find one that's the same size as your NISMO filter. Might be the 21-2109DK (3.25" neck and 9" long).
http://aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=93

This place has good price on AEM filters
http://www.sportcompactonly.com/performance-parts_pl-2236_s-3.htm

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
is 3.25"x9" long I just went out and measured it.

ummm, thats what she said!
well she mustve been laughing after...cuz thats a stubby ****....

zing!

·
Registered
35 Posts
my '05 Titan, which i got used came w Nismo :confused: CAI.
thing is i have no idea how/when to care for the filter.

it has about 20k on it. when does one replace the filter, or is it washable?
sorry, i have no clue about that mod, other than it sure sounds good w the Banks!

I just installed my NISMO kit the other day. According to the instruction sheet that came with it...

"NOTE: the high performance air filter included in this intake kit is fully serviceable and re-usable. Visaully check the air filter at every oil change. If the pleats in the filter show signs of excess dirt collection, service the air filter according to a filter cleaning kit. Under normal street driving conditions, the air filter service interval can be as long as 40,000 miles. Driving off-road or use in severe environments will shorten this service interval and the air filter should be checked more frequently."

One thing to remember is, printed on the end of the filter it says: "Synthetic Filter - DO NOT OIL"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts