Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust arrived today, and is hopefully going on tonight. Looks pretty straight forward, but I've said that before going into an install.:imwithstu I'll put up some pics and sound clips after.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I got it put on and it sounds pretty good. One thing I thought was interesting, is that I knew it was true duals, but I thought it would have some kind of X or H pipe, but it doesn't. I've been thinking about adding an H pipe to equalize pressure between the two...any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Lil Timmy said:
So, I got it put on and it sounds pretty good. One thing I thought was interesting, is that I knew it was true duals, but I thought it would have some kind of X or H pipe, but it doesn't. I've been thinking about adding an H pipe to equalize pressure between the two...any thoughts?
Congratulations on the exhaust, an H pipe would certainly be a consideration but I would run it for a while first and see how it does. After you know how it performs without the H there may be some conclusive information from another member about doing this. Good luck and happy modding.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, like PapaD said run it for a while. The Nismo is a great looking exhaust, built with quality no douth. However there are no numbers out there that I'm aware of. Someone should really dyno this exhaust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TitanMadness808 said:
Yes, like PapaD said run it for a while. The Nismo is a great looking exhaust, built with quality no douth. However there are no numbers out there that I'm aware of. Someone should really dyno this exhaust.
Everyone I've talked to locally said it would help. I'm having a SS H pipe welded in on Friday. If the two pipes were equal length, I wouldn't see a problem, but with the left side being longer, I'm going to go ahead and have it done.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe the muffler has perforations between the two halves to allow pressure to equalize. I've had my Borla on since June 05, it still sounds sweet.
Casey/T-rex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts