Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Extremely loud! Check out the thread in this section titled "exhaust system help". There are links to some videos with sound. I've decided to try some resonators to quiet mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
powdercoat said:
Extremely loud! Check out the thread in this section titled "exhaust system help". There are links to some videos with sound. I've decided to try some resonators to quiet mine.

The headers probably amplified the sound level by 50%.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
True, I forgot to mention the headers. I would be happy if the noise was reduced 50%!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
powdercoat said:
True, I forgot to mention the headers. I would be happy if the noise was reduced 50%!
Lol, I figured you were running with no cats or something. Yeah, mine got a fair bit louder after headers and cams and I know mine would be too loud for me if I didn't have my Zoomers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Powdercoat, I listened to your system on Youtube and it's too loud for my taste. If you decide to sell the Nismo exhaust(catback portion not headers), please send me a PM :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
As much as I hate the noise, I kinda think it's cool (in a ******* way). I think I'm going to look at a way to modify it rather than scrap the whole system. I'd hate to buy a different set-up just to hate it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys...
I am having trouble finding an exhaust that doesn't have an unfortunate resonance freq. It not that hard to sort out and I am really baffled the high buck entrants to the market are no better than the more generic "one size fits alls".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I just had mine installed yesterday, had flowmasters series 40 before this. The nismo has a deeper throatier sound, way less noise inside the cab with the nismo. Nismo says it was tuned to prevent drone at speed. It has a mustang rumble to it, like my cobra from a few years ago. I would buy the nismo again in a second! My only question is, does it break in at all? If so, it might get louder.....but like was said, I kinda like the drone too!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
ElevenTenths said:
Thanks for the replys...
I am having trouble finding an exhaust that doesn't have an unfortunate resonance freq. It not that hard to sort out and I am really baffled the high buck entrants to the market are no better than the more generic "one size fits alls".
Have you heard the Zoomers with headers and Cams? Simply awesome IMO and very little drone, it is fairly loud now but it starts out pretty quiet anyway. It has a little drone about 1700-1800 RPM but very tolerable and it performs. It's a nice alternative but pricey.

Here's a video of the winning OT dyno with the Zoomers, Nismo headers and cams. It is pretty quiet till you get on it and it has a sound all its own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CYXEKXtTDo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Here's a movie I took about a month ago,

06 Titan with the following:

Nismo CAI
Nismo Headers
Nismo Cat-back

0~70mph: (its on youtube, I had to remove the www)
youtube.com/watch?v=zcu5CvVB0CQ

I love the headers and cat-back combination, the sound was really nice. It is pretty loud, but that's what I liked about it. There is a pretty bad drone from about 55~65mph, but the WOT performance really out-weighs any negative.

The truck is my wife's DD too, she loves it. When I 1st installed everything I wasn't too sure that she'd like driving it, but I was wrong she loves it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
JeffRR said:
Here's a movie I took about a month ago,

06 Titan with the following:

Nismo CAI
Nismo Headers
Nismo Cat-back

0~70mph: (its on youtube, I had to remove the www)
youtube.com/watch?v=zcu5CvVB0CQ

I love the headers and cat-back combination, the sound was really nice. It is pretty loud, but that's what I liked about it. There is a pretty bad drone from about 55~65mph, but the WOT performance really out-weighs any negative.

The truck is my wife's DD too, she loves it. When I 1st installed everything I wasn't too sure that she'd like driving it, but I was wrong she loves it.
Yeah, that sounds great...........on your truck, lol. I guess I'm just getting to old to want to endure the constant sound of the exhaust and I guess that's why they make the Zoomers, for folks like me who want performance but at the same time, don't want to draw too much attention when gear heading, lol.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top