Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, fixing to start modding my 07 Titan. I was going to order the AEM brute force intake but then I found the nismo intake available at a local dealer for a good price. How good is the nismo for performance gains and fitment? Is the brute force better for performance? Would rather not have to wait a week for shipping on the brute force if the nismo is just as good.....so, what do you guys think? Or, is there a particular intake I could order that does give superior performance gains to the others? Thanks, Brian

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
They will be about the same performance wise plus or minus a horse or two. How good of a deal is good on the NISMO you saw? I have seen them as low as $225, just do a little search. One thing about the AEM is that it come with a "Dry" filter, no need to oil it when you clean it. The latest rage seems to be with the S&B intake.:cheers:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already checked that thread out, thanks. That's where I started looking. S&B intake???? Is there a thread on that? Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
parks5855 said:
Already checked that thread out, thanks. That's where I started looking. S&B intake???? Is there a thread on that? Thanks, Brian
From what I have read and been told the S&B is the best bang for the buck. I think that is what I am going with in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
parks5855 said:
I have read a lot of positive things on here about the S&B. I ordered one last sunday and it should be here today or tomorrow. I can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I was told today from a friend at Nissan that AEM makes the intakes for Nismo. So the only difference is probably the filter.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I also have a Nismo intake and no problems or complaints yet. The major factor for my purchase is the Nismo intake for my 3.5 Altima was dyno'd with a 19 peak whp gain AND the service department can not give you any b/s about your warranty since it is a Nissan part, so why not. There is really not that much of a difference between them all for the Titan except one or two hp like previously stated.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I have the NISMO and have no complaints but I would prefer a sealed box with a dry filter and will go that route in the future.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I took various widths of foam type weather stripping from home depot and sealed mine up. I took baby powder and put it on the so called seal around the metal heat shield to see what areas were and were not sealing to the hood and applied accordingly. I put it on the lip of the fender too and I no longer am getting the crap in my filter that I once was (bugs, leaves etc). I also wrapped the intake tube with two layers of black header wrap to help with the heat/heat soak out here. It has worked very well for me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts