Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and installed the NISMO intake today. Installation was simple and staight forward. The review is great. Improvement on throttle response and a very aggressive sound, especially when on the throttle. Only did a 1 mile test drive and I'm about to take it out for good break in. Just wanted to share. In conclusion, I'm very satisified with looks and performance. It will really jump when I get my exhaust in Nov. That's my birthday, so that will be my gift to myself. :hat:

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
That looks sweet heath! I want to get one also.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it is very loud under full throttle! :) It screams and you really hear the sucking sound when you goose the pedal or when I step on it for a hard accelateration. I am very impressed.

Ecbmxer - I recommend it fully! It seems we are on the same schedule for mods lately. Did you get your system done? You know, I still haven't taken my box or truck to get sprayed yet. Between work, family, and other things, I haven't had time to drive to where my friend's shop is to get it all done. I'm thinking of instead of having the JL symbol sprayed on the box, I might do NISMO, something different. Who knows?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nismo CAI with Stock Exhaust?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings all. I am a newjoin to Titantalk and I have a question. I just got back from the sandbox and as a present to myself, I want to do a mod on my truck (which I have missed for 7 months!). The question is will my truck benefit from the Nismo CAI even with the stock exhaust? Exhaust is planned for later. Should I wait until I have $ for both?

Update: I have seen several posts, and I am guessing the general consensus is even with the stock exhaust, the CAI will be an improvement.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, stock exhaust. I plan on installing an aftermarket exhaust in Nov.

CPNCTitan said:
Nismo CAI with Stock Exhaust?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings all. I am a newjoin to Titantalk and I have a question. I just got back from the sandbox and as a present to myself, I want to do a mod on my truck (which I have missed for 7 months!). The question is will my truck benefit from the Nismo CAI even with the stock exhaust? Exhaust is planned for later. Should I wait until I have $ for both?

Update: I have seen several posts, and I am guessing the general consensus is even with the stock exhaust, the CAI will be an improvement.

·
Registered
96 Posts
heath22 said:
I bought and installed the NISMO intake today. Installation was simple and staight forward. The review is great. Improvement on throttle response and a very aggressive sound, especially when on the throttle. Only did a 1 mile test drive and I'm about to take it out for good break in. Just wanted to share. In conclusion, I'm very satisified with looks and performance. It will really jump when I get my exhaust in Nov. That's my birthday, so that will be my gift to myself. :hat:

What kind of gas mileage and horsepoer ratings does it have? I am looking to do something that will help the mileage end more than anything else.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ottof said:
What kind of gas mileage and horsepoer ratings does it have? I am looking to do something that will help the mileage end more than anything else.

You know what, I don't even remember. I wouldn't say it really gives too much of a noticable gas mileage increase, maybe with an exhaust it might be more noticable. It does seem to give more pedal response and "power" or it's just sounds like it:) I'm still happy with it and one day I will mate it up with an exhaust system. It's only money, right?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tommy_kha said:
how much did it cost?

If I remember correctly, it was in the $200 - $250 range. To be honest, I don't remember. I've bought so much since then that all the prices just mesh together. I bought it at my dealer and had a 10% off coupon for any accessories and it was a decent enough price that I decided to buy it on the spot.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
tommy_kha said:
how much did it cost?
There's a guy selling these on ebay for about $230.00

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Congrats on the new intake, it's definitely a fun modification. I was just about to buy the Nismo before I switched my mind and got the AFE, I have yet to see one in real life but it looks solid!

-Cyrus

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
hoooty hoooooo! Just got the tax refund check! Nismo CAI here I come.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
that sounds good. i'm a lil afraid of ebay but send it to me and i'll check it out.. thanks man

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
shawnwat4 said:
that sounds good. i'm a lil afraid of ebay but send it to me and i'll check it out.. thanks man
Will do! Ebay is ok if you're careful.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
much obliged sir. i know, i have had mixed results w/ it, but i def. want to check out the seller, that may save me 60 or more bones

·
Registered
805 Posts
heath22 said:
hi
i bought a used Titan, 05 a couple weeks ago. came with the exact Nismo u have, and an exhaust... sounds great!
my question please... how often is the filter cleaned? or is it replaced? i have no idea what to do with it as far as maintenace.
thx.

ps in case i miss it here in the forum, please email me at:
[email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts