Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed my NISMO shocks set today. It was pretty straight forward till I tried to put together one of the front struts...The back 2 shocks took me 15 minutes total with taking pictures.

I was able to take apart one of the fronts with no issues. The issues started when I tried to re-assemble the strut. The POS spring compressor that he shop had was brand new but the spring arm assembly was mangled from misuse...I wasted a solid 30 mins on it and gave up.

The shop manager called pepboys and got me hooked up, they did both front struts for 10 bucks!

30 mins later I was back at the shop putting my fronts on!

When I was at pepboys I wanted to see what the compression rate was like on the rancho, boy was that a mistake! I compressed it in all the way and BLAM! it blew a seal and fluid spewed out all over the pavement lol...what a POS the ranchos are, I am so glad I changed them out to the Nismo-Bilsteins!

The ride is a lot softer now but still stiff with the pro-4x springs...its going to take some getting use too. I do feel the difference in the ride now though and its a very good difference.

here is a few pics

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mr.Nismo, do they make these for lifted applications or just stock replacements?

·
Registered
388 Posts
So are they worth it? My dealer had a set on hand and I was tempted to buy them!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr.Nismo, do they make these for lifted applications or just stock replacements?
as far as I know you can only get "new old stock" and they are for normal 4x4 applications on 04 - 12 titans
So are they worth it? My dealer had a set on hand and I was tempted to buy them!
Yes! they are worth it imo! after seeing the front rancho explode in my hand as I was testing the rebound I knew then I was glad I got rid of the POS Ranchos!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
If the dealer is selling them cheaper than the bilstein HD's, then they are worth it. If they are more, no, because they are the same shock, unless you want the silver and red color combo instead of the yellow and blue.

Any shock upgrade will be better than stock.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the dealer is selling them cheaper than the bilstein HD's, then they are worth it. If they are more, no, because they are the same shock, unless you want the silver and red color combo instead of the yellow and blue.

Any shock upgrade will be better than stock.
especially if they are rancho's!

I paid a little more than bilstein hd's but to me it was worth it to have the nismo's. would be nice if bilstein would offer other colors...the whole blue/yellow thing reminds me of monroe shocks :teethmast

·
Registered
440 Posts
Actually, the Ranchos and the Nismos look the same size, shape, but different colors. Naturally, a new shock is going to be and ride better than an OEM units with miles on them. You should have compression/rebound test the Nismo shocks. It wouldn't surprise me if the new Nismo shocks exploded as well. I am looking at the Bilestein Coilover 4x4 Package for the Titan in the Nissan Motorsport Catelog. I hope they are the same or an upgraded version of the 5100 series. They might be pricey, but anyone have thoughts or impressions of them?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, the Ranchos and the Nismos look the same size, shape, but different colors. Naturally, a new shock is going to be and ride better than an OEM units with miles on them. You should have compression/rebound test the Nismo shocks. It wouldn't surprise me if the new Nismo shocks exploded as well. I am looking at the Bilestein Coilover 4x4 Package for the Titan in the Nissan Motorsport Catelog. I hope they are the same or an upgraded version of the 5100 series. They might be pricey, but anyone have thoughts or impressions of them?
i did compression/rebound test all 4 of the nismo's...and all 4 sprung right back with no delay. cant say the same for the rancho's...they took forever to rebound, minus the one that exploded...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts