Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i am hoping someone has some ideas for me.. i have a 2006 Nissan titan LE it has 75,000k on it and last year i had a caliper seize up and roasted the drive size rotor and brakes. I replaced everything, caliper, rotor, screws, everything.... this was done April 2010... here we are March 2011 and the same problem is happening again... I dont want to spend the $1000 plus on stillen or even more on Baer... Anyone have any suggestions for a good priced dual piston or a way to fix this problem??

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Go to NAPA auto parts, that's where I got mine! Not to expensive and never had a problem after.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i did get the caliper from Napa and it was suppose to be brand new not remanufacured but to have the same problem twice seems kinda of weird.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Yea that isn't good to hear. Mine was brand new... well you can always try another one because a caliper from the dealer is like 500 bucks.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Rebuilt quoted at 140 each at a parts store for 08 Calipers I want for an upgrade next time. Ebay has them too, apparently NEW for 185. Only a 30 day warranty though.. repeated failure must have a reason. Be sure grease is applied to the slides.

·
Registered
147 Posts
hey everyone, i am hoping someone has some ideas for me.. i have a 2006 Nissan titan LE it has 75,000k on it and last year i had a caliper seize up and roasted the drive size rotor and brakes. I replaced everything, caliper, rotor, screws, everything.... this was done April 2010... here we are March 2011 and the same problem is happening again... I dont want to spend the $1000 plus on stillen or even more on Baer... Anyone have any suggestions for a good priced dual piston or a way to fix this problem??
Make sure you flush the whole system,sounds like you have debris in the fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts