·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Dang.....

Its new Versa subcompact is the best-seller in its class, but its Titan pickup has never achieved its full-year sales objectives. Titan sales are down 8.5 percent so far this year.

Hell, I know the power is the reason for this truck to sell, but if it got 20MPG, this figure would be toast.....

That's an interesting article Dogman. Thanks. It's interesting to watch all the automotive backroom deals worldwide. Everybody has their mitts in everybody else's pie. It will be interesting to see what this collaboration can do for the Titan.....

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Well, Chrysler could learn a thing or two about how to make decent transmissions from Nissan... and maybe we could snag a good set of rearend gears..... :duno:

·
Registered
483 Posts
The last thing I want to see is a redesigned new Titan looking or driving like the Dodge Ram Pick up. Maybe help Nissan offer a Titan turbo diesel now thats something worth waiting for!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I think it's interesting that both Chrysler and GM are thinking about starting an alliance with Nissan. Better than nobody wanting to do it... :)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Hmmm, very interesting. Can't wait to hear more as this story continues.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The only thing that worries me is this statement....................Nissan is interested in Chrysler's expertise in full-size truck manufacturing,

I think Chrysler stands to learn more than Nissan. But like they say.....two heads are better than one. Maybe they could take the strong points of the Ram and incorporate them into a new Titan. [Can you say Diesel?]

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
tnbowhunter said:
The only thing that worries me is this statement....................Nissan is interested in Chrysler's expertise in full-size truck manufacturing,

I think Chrysler stands to learn more than Nissan. But like they say.....two heads are better than one. Maybe they could take the strong points of the Ram and incorporate them into a new Titan. [Can you say Diesel?]
Like a rear axle that doesn't fail? :teethmast

The Ram isn't a bad truck. I took one for a ride recently. It was definately a nicer ride than the furd or chebby. But dollar for dollar the Titan comes equipped with more options.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nissan better do their homework. Cerberus is every bit of the 3 headed dog that they use as their mascot. No way in hell would I choose get in bed with those guys.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
PRJ said:
Like a rear axle that doesn't fail? :teethmast
Yeah, that would be great!!!!:jester:

·
Registered
125 Posts
titan814 said:
maybe we can get HEMI's in our titans!! :jester:

No maybe if the Dodge guys are lucky they will get double overhead cams.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just as long as the Titan's exterior/interior looks and design don't start looking like a RAM. The thing i hate most about Dodge/Chrysler vehicles is that all of them look the same. The interior in all of them look identical and very CHEAP!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I'd definitely look at a Ram if it had the Titans rear seat room and its' engine and tranny. If Nissan has to buddy up with a domestic maker, Chrysler would be my choice. I've always liked the Rams looks but the back seat is meant to haul 2 midgets, the pushrod engine is lacking, and the tranny is awful.

·
Registered
591 Posts
First off, I'm very brand loyal. Now on my second Titan. I've owned well over two dozen different Nissan models through the past 20 years. We have owned very few brands other than Nissan, all except our Toyotas were inferior(and were traded in).
If I buy a Nissan, it gall-danged better be Nissan through and through. I didn't buy a Dodge to get a Nissan engine and vice versa. Most of this news is speculation now, but what is Nissan thinking? If they put the trusted Nissan name on a redesigned Ram, the sales will exceed the 100k goal? :huh: Or, they build a shared platform with the same drivetrains(ala Isuzu I series/Canyon/Colorado) but different exterior will be the godsend?? How many Isuzu I -series has sold compared to the GM midsizers?
I don't think any informed shoppers will find that the 'new' product will be any more brand worthy or reliable with 'world market parts' on it. How do you think the die hard Dodge fans will take it when they find their truck is even 10% 'Japanese'? I hate to say this, but it shames me to think I've been loyal all these years to a namesake and now it may be shared with a sub-par rival. If this transpires in the wrong direction, it will break my whole trust and I will be going elsewhere with my next purchase. Sorry for the rant."misslelau

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
It's all about the mighty dollar my friend. Nissan isn't selling the amount of trucks they want so.....this may help. But like you said, it's all just speculation at this point.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I'd definitely look at a Ram if it had the Titans rear seat room and its' engine and tranny. If Nissan has to buddy up with a domestic maker, Chrysler would be my choice. I've always liked the Rams looks but the back seat is meant to haul 2 midgets, the pushrod engine is lacking, and the tranny is awful.
Thus why they have the Mega Cab 1500... ;)

My Titan fits in my garage, no other full-size crew cab truck will as far as I know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts