Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2020 pro4x a month ago. Came with nissan connect. I can remotely unlock/lock via app. I know they have a upgrade were you can remote tart via app for a monthly subscription. Anyone pay for the subscription? How is it? Traded in my f150 lariat which came with Ford pass for free.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
They offered me a year for about $75 so I took it, it was about half price.

Clint

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,648 Posts
I had it for 6 months with my P4X and another 6 months free with my PR. I played with the Remote Start a couple of times, and it was kind of fun to use the "find my truck" when I'd leave it with the dealer. You can also set up geofencing around it which will send you a notification if your truck drives outside of a designated area, or have it send you notifications if it goes above a certain speed.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
I received a mailing but called to extend the subscription.

Clint

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Do you like it, is it worth the $75. Did you have to call or did you get something in the mail.
You should contact them, tell them that you recently bought the truck and want to know if they have a trial subscription for you to see if you want the full subscription. They might give you at least a 3-month trial. Can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
They offered me a year for about $75 so I took it, it was about half price.

Clint
It's $8/month. So not quite half price.

I like it for starting my truck remotely from anywhere during the winter months so that it's warm when I get to the truck. My remote start from the key fob doesn't reach from my desk at work or if I'm out shopping at the stores. I only activate it November through March so it cost me $40

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
325 Posts
You'll get very mixed opinions on this one. It really comes down to features you feel worthy. There's also a charge for the Sirius services. That's not included in NCS. Not much, if anything, you can't do with Android Auto or Apple Carplay. I have it for crash detection because I'm on the road a lot. I hope that if I'm in an area with bad cell service, I can use it for help. They didn't take kindly when I got bored and lonely and used the call button just to chat. Guess that's a different kind of service.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts

I like it for starting my truck remotely from anywhere during the winter months so that it's warm when I get to the truck. My remote start from the key fob doesn't reach from my desk at work or if I'm out shopping at the stores. I only activate it November through March so it cost me $40
Interesting as the original bill I received was $140.

Clint

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

One thing to note, remote start will definitely reflect on lower MPG the more regularly you use it. During the colder months, as long as it's sunny, just open up the sunroof cover (not the actual sunroof) and don't use the windshield cover when parked. I've also found most V8s warm up relatively quicker than their smaller counter-parts. I say call them, find out if there's a trial they can set you up with, tell them that you just bought the truck, and then ask them how late you can push back the free trial (tell them that you don't need the trial immediately) and then closer to the colder months get it, and use it for the season. At least this way, you're in their system, and they might start sending you discounted plans.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
One thing to note, remote start will definitely reflect on lower MPG the more regularly you use it.
No ****?! Who knew?!! Well thank you Captain Obvious!!! I've been driving in winter conditions for 35 years. No duh!!! Gas mileage is the least of my concerns in the winter. It's about a warm vehicle and keeping the windows defrosted.

During the colder months, as long as it's sunny, just open up the sunroof cover (not the actual sunroof) and don't use the windshield cover when parked.
Not everyone has a sunroof. If possible I face my truck to the south when parking to get this effect.

I say call them, find out if there's a trial they can set you up with, tell them that you just bought the truck, and then ask them how late you can push back the free trial (tell them that you don't need the trial immediately) and then closer to the colder months get it, and use it for the season. At least this way, you're in their system, and they might start sending you discounted plans.
You already get it for free for the first few months when you buy the truck new. After that, if you want the service it's $8/month.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
No ****?! Who knew?!! Well thank you Captain Obvious!!! I've been driving in winter conditions for 35 years. No duh!!! Gas mileage is the least of my concerns in the winter. It's about a warm vehicle and keeping the windows defrosted.

Not everyone has a sunroof. If possible I face my truck to the south when parking to get this effect.

You already get it for free for the first few months when you buy the truck new. After that, if you want the service it's $8/month.
That last part was for the OP, he bought slightly used. They may offer a trial offer for a used truck like SiriusXM does with a "new-used" vehicle. And, by me not using remote start, it allows me to pay for premium ;)

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
93 Posts
I liked it when we had the free months but couldn't justify the monthly fee. I've waited for them to offer me a "comeback please" deal like SIRIUSXM always does but to this day, nothing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for replies. I did call Nissan to see if I can get free trial of the remote start feature. They said no dice. I was only able to get the unlock/lock feature. I’ll probably do what @PRJ does and activate it for the colder months.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
93 Posts
You still have the keyfob remote start? No?
I installed aftermarket starter on my Accord and it uses an app because my remote wouldn't reach the parking lot from inside my work after a nightshift.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes. I have remote start on key fob. But it would be nice to start titan from app when key fob is not within range.

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4x CC Baja Storm
171 Posts
Yes. I have remote start on key fob. But it would be nice to start titan from app when key fob is not within range.
Add 30' of range by putting your keys under your chin, opening your mouth, and listening for your gas tank whistle while you press the button. Obviously not effective when you land at the airport and want to start it from the luggage pickup area...

·
Registered
171 Posts

Do you live in the Barrow Alaska? I would not want to drive in winter conditions for 35 years, gotta have the summers to relax.

I don't always have a sunroof but when I do I use it!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Do you live in the Barrow Alaska? I would not want to drive in winter conditions for 35 years, gotta have the summers to relax.

I don't always have a sunroof but when I do I use it!
Lived in the U.P. of Michigan for 12 years and have been in Northern WI the remainder of the time. Typical winter lasts November thru March in WI. In Michigan it was November thru April and sometimes May.

Not too bad. I do a lot of ice fishing, snow shoeing and Fat Biking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lived in the U.P. of Michigan for 12 years and have been in Northern WI the remainder of the time. Typical winter lasts November thru March in WI. In Michigan it was November thru April and sometimes May.

Not too bad. I do a lot of ice fishing, snow shoeing and Fat Biking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
For sure, I'm down here below the bridge, global warming has made ice fishing a far less occuring event but we still burn firewood from late September into May depending on the year.
Kinda like when we lived in North Dakota and would check the weather in Alaska or Antarctica to feel better but it was warmer there...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts