Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,726 Posts
Here's a screenshot of the valet alert, which is kind of like the Geofence feature. I thought maybe it had a rev limiter to it as well (like some high end alarm systems) but it doesn't. That being the case, with some features just being copies of other features, not so sure I'd spend money on a renewal.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Bought my 2020 pro4x a month ago. Came with nissan connect. I can remotely unlock/lock via app. I know they have a upgrade were you can remote tart via app for a monthly subscription. Anyone pay for the subscription? How is it? Traded in my f150 lariat which came with Ford pass for free.
The Nissan connect app is ok I have it I got the trial and paid up for it for a year before doing a viper alarm I like the viper one a lot more it gives me more detail reports about my alarm going off plus it's set a cell carrier so I get text amd email alerts plus it show the battery voltage and if there are any dtc codes as well as geofencing. I would highly recommend it over the Nissan connect my truck alarm goes off I don't get warning from Nissan.

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4x CC Baja Storm
172 Posts
The Nissan connect app is ok I have it I got the trial and paid up for it for a year before doing a viper alarm I like the viper one a lot more it gives me more detail reports about my alarm going off plus it's set a cell carrier so I get text amd email alerts plus it show the battery voltage and if there are any dtc codes as well as geofencing. I would highly recommend it over the Nissan connect my truck alarm goes off I don't get warning from Nissan.
Do you have the factory impact sensor or is that part of the Viper package?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I liked it when we had the free months but couldn't justify the monthly fee. I've waited for them to offer me a "comeback please" deal like SIRIUSXM always does but to this day, nothing.
Call them back and tell them you’ll CONSIDER purchasing the waste of money map updates Nissan always sends junk mail offer for and see if they’ll bite :)

Like someone else mentioned, it’ll come down to personal preference if it’s worth it. For me, nope. Even if it was $1 a month there’s nothing of any value for me since the lock/unlock feature is available for free. That’s all I ended up using when I had the trial.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Looks like they updated the Android app. Looks a little more clean, but not enough for me to pay $80 a year.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Looks like they updated the Android app. Looks a little more clean, but not enough for me to pay $80 a year.

View attachment 554244
Come on, you can spring for it, 😉
We can see your truck is locked, isn’t that worth it??? I’m curious to see what they ask from me for the next year.

Clint

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
I'll fire it up in November and cancel in March or April. When cold in Wisconsin and key fob is out of reach...so worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Come on, you can spring for it, 😉
We can see your truck is locked, isn’t that worth it??? I’m curious to see what they ask from me for the next year.

Clint
I might consider it if Nissan's was as well thought out as Kia's app. With Kia, you open up the app, click on "Climate", actually set the temperature you want, and then click "start" so it lets you really dial in the temp, which is essentially the reason that you're turning on the vehicle. It also had a few other features that made it a little better than the Nissan Connect, including being able to do things with your Android watch. Priced about the same IIRC.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
I might consider it if Nissan's was as well thought out as Kia's app. With Kia, you open up the app, click on "Climate", actually set the temperature you want, and then click "start" so it lets you really dial in the temp, which is essentially the reason that you're turning on the vehicle. It also had a few other features that made it a little better than the Nissan Connect, including being able to do things with your Android watch. Priced about the same IIRC.
I was told we have a temperature sensor so the vehicle starts in a correct hvac setting, it also puts it in recirculating mode to achieve that self chosen setting sooner and the blower is on high, put your foot on the brake, hit the start button and then the fan slows right down.
The Kia may have some better options but we can only deal with what we are offered. Maybe forward some Kia links to Nissans customer service and maybe they can step up their game.
Thanks for giving us the Kia information.

Clint

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I was told we have a temperature sensor so the vehicle starts in a correct hvac setting, it also puts it in recirculating mode to achieve that self chosen setting sooner and the blower is on high, put your foot on the brake, hit the start button and then the fan slows right down.
The Kia may have some better options but we can only deal with what we are offered. Maybe forward some Kia links to Nissans customer service and maybe they can step up their game.
Thanks for giving us the Kia information.

Clint

The reason I like it is that say you turn off the A/C at about 76 degrees in the summer, and you know that your vehicle is going to be an oven when you get in. Thus, you can crank it down to 65 so that it can cool down faster. In all honesty, if Nissan had a way of cranking the engine, cracking the window about 1/2 an inch, and just blasting the vents, that would considerably cool the air. The A/C with the windows still up isn't as effective, as that hot air doesn't have anywhere to go.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The reason I like it is that say you turn off the A/C at about 76 degrees in the summer, and you know that your vehicle is going to be an oven when you get in. Thus, you can crank it down to 65 so that it can cool down faster. In all honesty, if Nissan had a way of cranking the engine, cracking the window about 1/2 an inch, and just blasting the vents, that would considerably cool the air. The A/C with the windows still up isn't as effective, as that hot air doesn't have anywhere to go.
Because of your stupid “whatcha drinkin?” thread, I’m a few PBR’s and several Pendleton’s in :) …. but I’m 99% sure you can set the computer to remember your last setting.

Meaning if you know it’s gonna be super hot or cold the next day, set it all the way Hi or Lo before you shut it down and then the next morning when you auto start it, it will run at what you left it on instead of what it believes you want.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts

Clint
This is correct. My truck is always warm inside when I use the app or key fob to start it in winter. Doesn't matter where I had set the temperature the last time I was in the vehicle.

In about 2 months I'll fire up my subsciption for $8/month so I can start the truck with the app when the key fob is out of range.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Correct, but not with the app. The best way to cool the cabin would be if the app rolled down the windows a bit, then rolled up and turned on the AC.
Except if it was raining then someone would piss and moan that it got wet inside. Not sure about now but years ago my Maxima’s sunroof opened along with the windows and that was a problem if it was raining more than just the windows.

Clint

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
The best way to cool the cabin would be if the app rolled down the windows a bit, then rolled up and turned on the AC.
No need for that. As noted above it has sensors. If warm it will turn on the AC, if cold it will turn on the heat, if remotely started from the app or the key fob.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
No need for that. As noted above it has sensors. If warm it will turn on the AC, if cold it will turn on the heat, if remotely started from the app or the key fob.
The hot air still has to go somewhere. The recirculate can try to cool it, or just crack the windows opened and let the hot cabin air dissipate into the atmosphere. The combination of both is the best approach, IMO. I know that the A/C or heat will come on based on what the outside temp is, but when it's really hot outside, the A/C can only work so well while it's parked. Rolling down the windows really helps get the heat out of the interior.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts