Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what all this entails? I've been trying to research it but haven't found anything. I'm wondering because my Titan is covered in tiny rust spots. You have to get up real close to notice but it just makes my blood boil. I was hoping this warranty may cover it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
What year is your Titan and are you sure they are rust spots? What you might be seeing is brake dust. I had a white Chevy I bought new that had brake dust from being transported by rail at some point. A good clay bar, buff job and wax should help out if this is the case.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its 5 year unlimited mileage, but I am pretty sure you need a rust hole to get it warrantied. FWIW, white is the worst color with rust, it has always been the first to show it, but I bet a good wax will remove it all.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
tmghormley said:
Does anyone know what all this entails? I've been trying to research it but haven't found anything. I'm wondering because my Titan is covered in tiny rust spots. You have to get up real close to notice but it just makes my blood boil. I was hoping this warranty may cover it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By chance do you live near or visit near a power plant? That ash has been known to cause that kind of stuff, it is very caustic and will cause the rust blemishes you speak of

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a white 04 and have same issue. I used Turtle Wax , bug/tar remover and rubbed it and it comes off...but you gotta rub. It is a HUGE pain! I didn't know what it was at first and was along the same line of thinking you are, as far as the corrosion warranty goes. I could just never tell if it was rust or paint from road lines or whatever. Post here if you come up with a better solution or dealer fix.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I work at a Power plant. It does the same to my white 07 also, looks like little black spots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No i dont live by a power plant, but thats not to say the previous owner didn't.. Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going to give the clay bar a try and see what happens. I'll keep yall posted. And I have a
Thanks again

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2004 Nissan Titan SE 4x4 extra cab with the sport package.

I just notice rust on the top edge of the little lock box door in the rear fender.

This is a door feature is something I never used and noticed the rust while washing the truck this past weekend.

Yes the rust is all the way through.

The question now is how do I get Nissan to fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2004 Nissan Titan SE 4x4 extra cab with the sport package.

I just notice rust on the top edge of the little lock box door in the rear fender.

This is a door feature is something I never used and noticed the rust while washing the truck this past weekend.

Yes the rust is all the way through.

The question now is how do I get Nissan to fix it?

Thanks
Anyone with the same problem?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ya, I'd take my truck off-road and it's not exposed to the beach areas or salt.

I've had both a Nissan 4x4 crew cab pick-up and a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 with the SE package and rust has always been a problem with previous Nissans.

I was hoping that the Titan being American made wouldn't have this problem.

So does anyone know what the warrantee on rust is?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 05 White Titan with a undercarage that is very Rusty. I couldnt belive it, I just bought the thing from a dealer and they said it was fine, Not sure why Titans do this.

Anyone know of a good way to clean up undercarage rust, The previous owner must have worked in a salt mine or somthing.

Thanks guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts