Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like Nissan vehicles.....hence I currently own two (Titan and Maxima) however Nissan customer service at the dealer is horrendous.....has been at nearly every dealer I have experience at.......this weekend I had a bed extender installed on my Titan LE......when I went to leave I noticed it was the regular bed extender NOT the sliding bed extender.....OK I obviously have the utilitrack on my truck who in their right mind would think I would want the regular extender? I spent 3 and half hours at the dealer Sat for an oil change and the extender......they finally installed the sliding extender after I politely ( yea right) informed them of their mistake! Unfortunately this Nissan dealer is with a Dodge dealer......and man no offense to anyone who owns a Dodge, etc but this just seems to exaccerbate the poor service......I traded a 4runner in on my Titan and I was accustomed to extremely good service with the Toyota dealer......good thing I love my Titan.......... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I have had the exact opposite experiences. I stopped in at a Tampa area dealership on Thursday to get my first "official" oil change at 3,750.

I had made an appointment online prior to driving down there and when I got there, I was greeted by the service manager. He stated he was looking forward to talking to me about the Titan as they have only sold a few and none have been in for any service yet.

They did all the service work, washed and waxed the truck (I didn't ask for that), polished the interior plastic parts and applied Rain-X to ALL the windows. Not once did they ask if I would pay for it either. All I paid for the oil change was $22.00.

I also stopped at a few other dealerships on the trip and each time was greeted with smiles from very friendly salespeople.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrumaner said:
I have had the exact opposite experiences. I stopped in at a Tampa area dealership on Thursday to get my first "official" oil change at 3,750.

I had made an appointment online prior to driving down there and when I got there, I was greeted by the service manager. He stated he was looking forward to talking to me about the Titan as they have only sold a few and none have been in for any service yet.

They did all the service work, washed and waxed the truck (I didn't ask for that), polished the interior plastic parts and applied Rain-X to ALL the windows. Not once did they ask if I would pay for it either. All I paid for the oil change was $22.00.

I also stopped at a few other dealerships on the trip and each time was greeted with smiles from very friendly salespeople.
Count your blessings my friend.......this is your first Nissan isnt it? This is my third.........sounds like they treated you like royalty......however I would not have been crazy about the dealer waxing my new truck
:huh:

·
Registered
514 Posts
JAKE04TITAN said:
Count your blessings my friend.......this is your first Nissan isnt it? This is my third.........sounds like they treated you like royalty......however I would not have been crazy about the dealer waxing my new truck
:huh:
I agree.. I like to wash an wax myself after I take delivery. But, some shops do have really good detail shops.

The RainX alone you will love, especially if you've never used it before. That was my actualy first "mod" after driving it home... the extra slant to the front windshield makes that water shed nice, even at low speeds!

I haven't yet taken mine in for service, but every little thing so far my shop has helped me with no questions asked. Every time I walk in I'm greeted with enthusiasm by the entire sales team, even management asking me how I like my Titan (it's mainly a chevy dealer, with VW as well, so lots of curious folks).

The finance guy at the dealership even ended up buying my Tundra that I traded in! LOL! I was happy to hear that because we had a long talk about vehicles, and how we like to take care of them, and such. I'm happy my Tundra will still be around the area with someone who can appreciate it. Next time I stop in I'm going to mention TundraSolutions.com to him... not sure if he's aware of it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
JAKE04TITAN said:
Unfortunately this Nissan dealer is with a Dodge dealer......and man no offense to anyone who owns a Dodge, etc but this just seems to exaccerbate the poor service......I traded a 4runner in on my Titan and I was accustomed to extremely good service with the Toyota dealer......good thing I love my Titan.......... :cheers:
You had good experience with toyota service. I think toyota have the worst service of any brand I've been to. IMO toyota service :futwice:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
bvstone1 said:
I agree.. I like to wash an wax myself after I take delivery. But, some shops do have really good detail shops.
I have no problem with them waxing my truck. I did it myself before I left and then took it to a car wash when I go there to remove the bug residue. Having them rewax it for me saved me an hour or two and kept the bugs from sticking on the return trip.

bvstone1 said:
The RainX alone you will love, especially if you've never used it before. That was my actualy first "mod" after driving it home... the extra slant to the front windshield makes that water shed nice, even at low speeds!
I love Rain-X. I even put it on the headlight covers. I also use it on my bathroom mirrors to keep them from fogging up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think it all depends on the dealership.

My dad bought a used Maxima from the local Nissan dealership and wasn't treated with honesty. They made him pay for the owners manual AND the second remote key. The service that they did on my Pathfinder was horrible. We finally had to take it to a auto shop to get the job done right.

However, another nearby dealership treated us with infinite patience and gave us a no bullshit offer. We just recently brought it in to have the wheel alignment checked and they found that something was causing it to be bumpy when we reached speeds of 40+ mph. They fixed it, washed everything, gased it, and even took out a minor scratch all while we waited and without cost. Although we did give him the survey we got through the mail, we would have put excellent marks on it ourselves.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it's Ridiculous to label all of Nissan as having bad Customer service based on one dealership, or even a few. It all depends on who's running the show and it certainly varies from dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NYTITANMAN said:
I think it's Ridiculous to label all of Nissan as having bad Customer service based on one dealership, or even a few. It all depends on who's running the show and it certainly varies from dealer to dealer.
Yes of course it varies from dealer to dealer however speaking from many years of experience (8-9 years) MY EXPERIENCE has been it sucks bad, with little help from Nissan North America.....My two cents.......wait till you try to get a TSB fixed under warranty and you here " a TSB what?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts