Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
MPNx2,

I just saw your post after my first reply. I don't know where "Cperki1" is getting his/her info. But, dare I say, it doesn't seem like any homework was done on Cperki1's part. If you know what I mean.

Buy your truck and enjoy. Cheap flight up, quick drive home and a nice vehicle at a good price.

Tim

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought that all trucks/cars were built to pass California emissions. I may be wrong but it makes more sense for the manufacturer to have one build that will pass all emissions. So I don't know how it would make a bit of difference if you buy a vehicle and take it to California from another place, other that the fee that Brass Pass stated. We have to do an emmisions test here in Texas every 2 years also.

Nissan shouldn't care how much a dealer sells the vehicles for because they are going to make the same either way. The only bottom line that is going to be affected is the individual dealer. They all buy them for the same price I would think. But Nissan will try to protect the interest of the dealers to keep them all relatively happy.

The information age is really turning the tables in the consumers favor because you can get tools from the web that include dealer prices versus MSRP. When I went to buy my last Dodge I showed the dealer exactly what I was working from and he was not exactly thrilled about all the info that I was able to collect and couldn't dispute the price that I was willing to pay. In the end we were both happy because he got to sell a truck and I got a price that I was happy with in the end.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sure, I'm prejudiced!!

smoketitan said:
hey this is the internet age,and consumers that are smart will use it to their advantage--even thow the buyer always loses out as soon as the car is driven off the lot.

what dealers dont realize (at least some of them ) is that if you sell more volume even if you are making less per car---overall you make a ton more money through nissans award program

its better to maek 500 per car and sell 50 cars per moth vs making 3k per car and sell 5 cars per month

so who cares what the other delaers think ( im sure nissan doenst care--lol they just want the trucks sold)

I appreciate honest delaers who give the customer a somewhat cool deal and doesnt try and gouge them

you the dealer make some cash,and at the same time leave some in my pocket :)

hope Nissan does put the smack down on you or anything--
Last September, I contacted New-Nissans.com about purchasing a Titan using the VPP thru my work giving me a $100 under factory invoice price. Adam Smith returned my email and offered me their standard $500 under factory invoice price.

Now you tell me, how many dealers have you gone to which offered you a LOWER price than what you were willing to pay? And to top that, our transaction stretch from October thru November when effective Nov. 1st Nissan offered additional rebate on the specific truck I wanted. Adam Smith and Shane Edwards thru New-Nissans.com went to bat for me and I saved an additional $1000 on the purchase of my LE KC. They both could have said the price quoted in October stands but they didn't and I saved $1K.

As one of the sponsors of this site, I wish them nothing but the best and know that their stand on prices have saved me and others many thousands of dollars on our purchase of Titans.

They provide the incentive for other dealers to sell a great product at a very competive price. Only hope that corporate Nissan realizes their value towards the vehicles that we all enjoy.

Marv

·
Registered
41 Posts
From what I was told by DMV, if the vehicle is purchased NEW (never titled), then the smog abatement fees were MUCH higher. The $3500 I mentioned above also included all of our ususal taxes and other fees. The was my research on an Altima which did not included 50 state emission certification. After a bit more research, the Titan IS 50 state certified so the abatement fee does NOT apply to the Titan. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your kind words and obvious support for our efforts and somewhat unique style of "serve first and sell second." We certainly hope to continue both serving titantalk.com members as well as the having a continuation of the interesting sharing of thoughts and ideas.

When I first came here to introduce New-Nissans.com and our services, I promised a straight forward approach with hard to beat consistent prices. And I still stand true to follow through with that promise and keep on serving titantalk.com members whether they actually buy from us or not.

Due to so many of titantalk.com members talking about us and telling friends, family and fellow workers to visit our website and as a result – not only have many loved ones and friends of titantalk.com members saved a bunch of money; we have been successful in great part for it. Yeah the search engines and other sources of advertising provide us with many opportunities - however it has been the word of mouth from many of you here, that has enabled us to grow.

I wanted to clear some things up after reviewing all of the positive feedback. I think perhaps some of you may have misunderstood the aforementioned complaint. First, the complaint was regarding our advertising & marketing practices. It is our consistent use of the words - "dealer invoice," in public forums and in our broadcast e-mails that has led to other Nissan dealers complaining to the manufacture; Nissan USA - the guys who build these Titans. The complaint came to a head when one of my broadcast e-mails went out to our customer base with the inclusion of the official Nissan dealer’s name which I work for.

I really don't know how, if at all, that Nissan USA will even take the time to respond to me or the dealer who I work for. The POSSIBLE violation has many loose ends when it comes the exact regulation regarding direct MAIL. One – the dealer didn’t send it out and neither authorize nor pay for the MAIL (e-mail) that contained the words, “dealer invoice.”

Nissan wouldn't have anything against our efforts as they really hasn't lost anything. No matter where new Nissans are sold the manufacture earns the same. So New-Nissans.com doesn't take anything away from them, if anything I help add to their sales taking a few from Nissan USA's competition.

My website is an independent licensed business and has no contractual or legal agreement with the licensed dealer where I'm employed. So in all ways, the Nissan dealer (my employer) has no need to answer to any possible charges of violations than any other Nissan dealer who does business with third party lead source providers like my website/business. My employer doesn't pay me any differently as an employee than before I launched this website, he also pays nothing at all for these leads and all my website work is conducted outside of my dealership. And I am under no agreement or arrangement with Nissan USA and clearly state on my website that I make no claims to represent Nissan USA. My site has been reviewed by a representative of Washington State's Department of Licensing Dealer Services, in fact he purchased a Nissan Titan from me. Anyway, point here is I don't think Nissan USA will see any complaint regarding New-Nissans.com or the Nissan dealer where I'm employed as being something real and in violation of any dealer franchise agreement by-laws. The manufacture would not see New-Nissans.com as something damaging or threatening to Nissan USA, anymore than they would see all of these other lead source providers that nearly every Nissan dealer pays for leads that were obtained under similar marketing methods as in the case of New-Nissans.com

However, the core of the complaint not really having great importance to the efforts of New-Nissans.com or the results of any of my e-mails – I decided to change these broadcast e-mails. That core of the complaint being the use of the words (phrase), “dealer invoice,” in what appeared to be from the official Nissan dealer due to the use of the dealer’s name in my broadcast e-mails. The content of the message is in clear violation of Nissan's advertising and marketing regulations. Again using the term, "dealer invoice." So any of our future broadcast e-mails won't have the official Nissan dealer's name in it.

All of this may seem somewhat silly, petty and frivolous to you guys, but as I said - many Nissan dealers are very pi**ed off at us for the reasons that I mentioned at the opening of this thread, and they will look for anything to complain about when it comes to New-Nissans.com.

I decided to post an indirect response to their complaining in this forum as I know many of them visit here on a regular basis. I really hope that my response has opened their eyes and minds a little regarding who the real enemy of their profits is, if any at all. I’m just using the technology that I know real well to create a more direct line of communication with the consumer – by cutting out the middle man, I have been able to pass on the savings to the consumer and therefore sell more. I actually hope to someday see more dealers become more creative and responsive to these third party so called, buying service providers; who we call lead source providers – these guys are the ones taking away what used to be more dealer profit by merely providing information and as well by beating up the very dealers that pay them! Smart huh?

Also, no Nissan can't tell their dealers what to sell their vehicles for, nor would they want to. Nissan just charges the dealer on delivery for the cost of the vehicle that only contains two things regarding pricing; MSRP (the suggested retail price on the window) and the dealer invoice. The rest is left upto each dealer.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts