Nissan Titan Forum banner

Nissan/Dodge Deal back on?

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  dv3andrs 
#1 ·
So I went and test drove a 2011 Dodge Challenger yesterday. During the test drive the sales guy asks what I was driving now. I mentioned my Titan and he goes on to tell me that the Titan is being discontinued and that dodge was going to build them for Nissan. I mention that I heard about that deal but that it was canceled. He said correct, but as of about a month or 2 it was back on.

After my test drive I went over to the Nissan dealer right next door, and they also confirmed this information.

Anyone else here about this *New* deal with Nissan/Dodge?

#3 ·
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
I seriously doubt this story. Those salesman must eat lunch together. The development of the 3/4 and 1 Ton Titan Frame based Nissan NV and the 400 HP VD56DE are the surest signs of the future Titan. I think the big surprise will be a hybrid, ecology has to take center stage and Nissan is becoming a leader in Electrics! Ghosn has been firm in statements a year ago, that Nissan is fully committed to round 2 of the Titan line. Nothing in public, suggest any dealings with Fiat/Chrysler exist.

Reactions: JDos1
#5 ·
Since when did anyone trust what a car salesman had to say?.....

I would highly doubt that they're back to doing business together. Fiat pretty much gave Nissan the boot when they joined Chrysler...

#6 · (Edited)
It's funny reading all the sob story fuel economy threads, but when it comes to future engines, everybody wants the 400+hp 5.6L that's in the QX56. lol! I'd like to see Nissan offer some type of direct injected turbocharged gas motor for the Titan ala Ford Ecoboost. Or, if they have to stick with the Endurance as standard equipment again, at least go to a 7-8 speed tranny with some type of cylinder deactivation system like GM and Chrysler.

The Chrysler deal is definitely dead because the small car platform that Chrysler was going to use from Nissan as exchange for them using the Ram platform for the next gen Titan got nixed as well.

#7 ·
If they do end up doing it and building a "Tiram" then I will be keeping my 08 till it just will not go anymore...

#8 ·
I second that...I'd walk before I bought a Chrysler product...oh wait even if you buy a Chrysler you may still find yourself walking...

#9 · (Edited)
I doubt Nissan is going to go back to Dodge after the Fiat takeover, whats funny is that in the NV van like the VK56 and 5 speed tranny is called revolutionary, and in the Titan its considered a dinosaur.

#13 ·
guys have you not seen where your rpms are at with stock tires and 2.94 gears in 5th gear lock up? if you get the rpms too low, it gets worse gas mileage cause the motor is straining to pull the truck cause of the luggyness. at 73mph in my 2011 in od, im about 1850ish. pretty damn low. i had to put 37s on my dodge diesel to get it below 2000rpms at 70

#15 ·
i got about 13.5-14 with 40's on my old titan 2wd

#16 ·
Sorry but if they make the Titan a Dodge I would probably buy a Ford instead.

#17 ·
i dont know, the dodges have nice interior now, 4 link rear suspension. they ride smoother, and get a lil better mileage. i love the interior of the new ford f-150s the most though

#18 ·
Oh c'mon guys. None of us will be buying trucks by the time the new T comes out.....gas will be $20/gallon! See you all on the electric car forum in a few years! We'll have a "plug and charge your car" meet.

#19 ·
they may come out with all electric cars, but they cant make me get rid of the chit i already own which is a titan and a 97 cummins dually

#20 ·
7 Speed Automatic is already in use with the QX56.

#24 ·
im just fine with a 6spd auto or 6spd manual. if they would just update to that i would be fine, this thing downshifts enough as it is on hills.

#25 ·
My wife really, really wanted a Dodge Caliber, so we went looking at the beginning of March and found her one, got a good deal on a trade for her Acadia, and she left happy. We are averaging 28mpg out of it right now with 2200 miles on it. Anyway though, while there the guy was asking what I drove, he said they are pretty bada&& trucks, but I should drive one of the new Dodges. So we went back a couple weeks later due to a paperwork snafu and the guy pulled one around. It was a "Crew Cab" with the new hemi, premium stereo, "Leather" seats, tow package and reverse camera and sensors. You ask why the" " around Crew Cab? It had as much space back there as the T's King Cab...Oh yeah, the Leather? There was leather surrounding the cloth on the edges. The Hemi...The guy was talking about the power and towing and everything else great that comes with it. On the drive we were able to get it up on a highway...My T with just the programmer has a rocket ship feeling on the onramp compared to the hemi...It's just not for me! Oh yeah, and we can still out-tow everybody except the F-150 with the eco or that new giant v-8...They have us by about a ton... I decided to stick with the T once, I'll continue unless they actually build a better Titan, that's actually Nissan...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.