·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I agree this one should be a sticky

·
Registered
3 Posts
just purchased a 2007 titan se 2wd with 30K miles
i have the opportunity to purchase a nissan extended new car warranty through the dealer at employee rates
shall i do it? is it worth it?
what about adding a leveling kit, dual exhaust and intake system. does that void certin parts and most of my warranty components?
any advice would be apppreciated.
new nissan member. never owned one and love it after only a week.
thanks

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exhaust is not covered regardless. The others depend on your dealership on how easy it is to get done. I have a dealership here that blames everything on mods and a few others that always cover it just fine. The free Rental car the warranty provides is worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought a new 04 Titan and an extended warranty. Charts like the ones shown here that are dated when I bought the warranty cover the oil cooler hoses. The dealer replaced these hoses, but denied warranty because the new, 2008 chart does not list the hoses. Is this a mistake, or fraud? I talked to Nissan about this. They called back ans ask for copies of my original document. And now they do not reply. I really like my Titan, but this may be the last straw.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's covered according to the agreement that you originally signed, not a later revised one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The dealer AND Nissans customer care rep will not cover it. N issan instructs the dealer to use the newest list.

This is FRAUD! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd contact an attorney. I don't see how they can change a signed agreement. It'll be interesting to know what an attorney finds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello TitanTalk.com Members.

For the latest (April 2009) component coverage chart for a Nissan Security+Plus protection plan. Follow this link:

Nissan Extended Warranty Component Coverage Chart - [link]

For complete information including brochure, sample service agreement and the component coverages in an easy to read format visit:

Nissan Security+Plus Coverage - [link]

--Follow us on Twitter @NissanWarranty
--Got a Nissan Warranty question? Hit me up then I will post it to my Nissan Warranty Blog.
--For the latest Nissan Technical Service Bulletins. Subscribe

Online since 2000.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Excellent info. I do have a question Nissan's warrenty though ....

I'm about to purchase my brand new 2010 Titan Crew Cab PRO-4X and I intend to modify it pretty good. Everything from lift, tires, wheels, CAI, superchip, programer ect ect ect. Are these mods going to void the warrenty?? I intend to keep this truck till it dies and the warrenty would be great but it's a waste of money if Nissan is just going to void the thing as soon as I had my mew pimped out foot print gas pedal!!! LOL (j/k ... not getting a foot print gas pedal)

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excellent info. I do have a question Nissan's warrenty though ....

I'm about to purchase my brand new 2010 Titan Crew Cab PRO-4X and I intend to modify it pretty good. Everything from lift, tires, wheels, CAI, superchip, programer ect ect ect. Are these mods going to void the warrenty?? I intend to keep this truck till it dies and the warrenty would be great but it's a waste of money if Nissan is just going to void the thing as soon as I had my mew pimped out foot print gas pedal!!! LOL (j/k ... not getting a foot print gas pedal)
It TOTALLY depends on your dealership!!!! According to the Warranty Terms, anything in front of the Throttle Body and behind the Secondary Cats does not void the warranty. According to the terms, keeping the drivetrain components within OEM Spec does not void the warranty. According to the terms, non-OEM wheels/tires do not void the warranty.

A Tuner might possibly void a warranty so I wouldn't leave it tuned at least during service.

Honestly, these are things that you really need to discuss with that Dealership's Service Manager and I'd have their General Manager sign a Contract stating that your Warranty Claims won't be denied simply due to these aftermarket products.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It TOTALLY depends on your dealership!!!!
Very true. Thanks Pops.

In the legal written terms of both the factory warranty and extended service contract they are very strick about covering components that "could have been" a mechanical breakdown as a result of an aftermarket product. Of course, using OEM mod's helps this situation, however does not ensure coverage. And, again to reiterate pops comments, choosing a dealer that is "mod friendly" goes along way in focusing in on covered vs. not covered. Just because you have an aftermarket exhaust, should not void your transmission failure claim.

You can also read about the Nissan Extended Warranty: Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act... For those whom modify their Nissan vehicles.Magnuson Moss Warranty Act which helps under factory warranty however not under a service contract.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dear Nissan Warranty Supporting Vendor.

Regarding warranty, Nissan is a very dishonest company. They changed the parts covered list to remove a high failure item years after I purchaed my extended warranty. And it is NOT the dealer. I have taken this directly to Nisan, Incident # 6580730. Finally, they no longer respond.

I think Nissan warranty is either incompetent, careless or just plan crooked. In today's business climate, Nissan must think it is OK to screw their customers. So finally I will have deal with Mossey Nissan and the courts. And that is not right because Nissan Warranty is clearly the culprit, not the dealer.

So what do you have to sayabout this, Nissan Warranty person?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Regarding warranty, Nissan is a very dishonest company. They changed the parts covered list to remove a high failure item years after I purchaed my extended warranty. And it is NOT the dealer. I have taken this directly to Nisan, Incident # 6580730. Finally, they no longer respond.

I think Nissan warranty is either incompetent, careless or just plan crooked. In today's business climate, Nissan must think it is OK to screw their customers. So finally I will have deal with Mossey Nissan and the courts. And that is not right because Nissan Warranty is clearly the culprit, not the dealer.

Dude, you're trashing out a thread that's simply informational with your problem and you're not even posting the pertinent details of your situation. If you want assistance, then how about posting some details?? So you have a warranty, so which one did you get??? THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME.... Where the heck is your Service Agreement that you signed and what does it say???

Below is a link to a sample of the Gold Security+ .... If you have the Bronze, the terms are different. You need to look at the terms of the one you have. Hell, just post a copy of it on this thread so we can all see it (block out your signature and personal info, of course). This is an interesting sounding situation. :D

http://www.vadennissanwarranty.com/coverages/sample-service-agreement-nissan-security-plus-gold-preferred.pdf

I hope you get this resolved, but let's kick it up a notch and get down to the nitty-gritty and at least help you get prepared for your case, shall we??

I don't buy into the whole "we use the latest chart" for my warranty because that is NOT what my agreement states. The closest to that, that my agreement states is "8.14 Any repair or replacement that has not been authorized by NESNA, or in which the information provided to NESNA cannot be verified as accurate or is found to be deceptive" under the "WHAT IS NOT COVERED" section... And if they decide that's gonna change anually, I have the right to Cancel my Warranty and get a refund for the remaining coverage which will likely be a bit more $$$ than a rubber cooler line hose and a clamp. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't buy into the whole "we use the latest chart" for my warranty because that is NOT what my agreement states.
Thanks Pop's. Totally agreed.

Let me shed some light. The components coverage chart above, although updated, may not apply to everyone's extended service agreement. Let me clarify. The component coverage chart (above) was issued to Nissan dealers nationwide on April 2009, the chart is to be used for policies sold on or thereafter April 2009. Policies sold prior to that date still utilize the effective component coverage chart when that policy was sold.

·
Super Moderator
35,425 Posts

Other members have been denied by one dealer and had no problem when taking it to another.

Save the drama for another thread, not this one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Perfect sticky thankyou

1 - 18 of 18 Posts