Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck in last week for the brake judder and a leaking exhaust manifold. I have an 04 for those who dont know and I have 50,000 miles on it. It has been in for brake work 8 times total. This time they call me and say "your front rotors are shot", so I told them to put new ones on. They said it wasnt covered since the recall work was completed. I called 800-Nissan1 and filed a claim, and it was handled by a district manager. They declined my claim, by simply saying it's out of warranty, and the recall work was done. Now what can I do. This is BS, Nissan is bailing on me. Someone must know a loophole I can get them on. Anyone?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
If they fixed it were they supposed to put new rotors on it? At 50,000 you should not need new rotors. They didnt fix it. That is BS. Are they claiming that you let you brakes run down to low? If not in a sense they are admiting self guilt. That is the only thing that I know of that can run the rotors down.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the rotors are warped again. I've had many many cars, never had a warped rotor. So, I know it isnt the way I drive. I cant seem to understand why the are refusing to cover this. Nissan consumer affairs said, I am the first person to have a complaint about the brakes after the recall was fixed. I dont buy it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
1BadTitan said:
No the rotors are warped again. I've had many many cars, never had a warped rotor. So, I know it isnt the way I drive. I cant seem to understand why the are refusing to cover this. Nissan consumer affairs said, I am the first person to have a complaint about the brakes after the recall was fixed. I dont buy it.
yup had the same thing happen to me had the initial recall done and they showed me the tsb from nissan you are allowed one fix and that is it, just ha dto have my fronts done for i believe like 460.00.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I've had two Titans and both had the tbs done on the brakes and have been great ever since.I don't understand why most hold up after the fix and some don't.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Warped front rotors on 04-05's covered under warranty extension 3 years,unlimited mileage.There is no set policy on how many times this can be done.If they are warped,they are covered.PERIOD!!!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Nissan Mike said:
Warped front rotors on 04-05's covered under warranty extension 3 years,unlimited mileage.There is no set policy on how many times this can be done.If they are warped,they are covered.PERIOD!!!
this is the same thing i read, heard and seen posted here... i had mine fixed 3 times and the 3rd time was the charm. i've got about 40,000 on the 3rd fix which actually yielded me the new rotors that were heat-treated properly. rotors feel great but i'm starting to gain a bit more brake-fade. gonna have to inspect my pads...

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Nissan Mike said:
wish you were right on this one but look on nissanhelp.com it has all the tsb and it does state that once they give you the final so called fix that is it. They will not do it again unless you get lucky at your dealership.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Based on what my service manager told me you get Free Brakes for 3 years unlimiited mileage from the in service date... Also something to check which may be causing this is overtourqing lug nuts, I have heard this can lead to premature warp....

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I would suggest aftermarket rotors and pads.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bought Drilled slotted rotors and new pads. Nissan wanted to do mine for $530. Screw that. Hopefully they help with the heat dissapation. I got the rotors for $140.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
1BadTitan said:
I just bought Drilled slotted rotors and new pads. Nissan wanted to do mine for $530. Screw that. Hopefully they help with the heat dissapation. I got the rotors for $140.
Where did you find the parts? Mine were done last year and I felt the judder again today for the first time.

Clint

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went on ebay, found a seller. I was looking for Drilled, Slotted, and Coated rotors. The holes cool the rotors, the slots clean the pads and the coating prevents the area that isnt part of the contact area from rusting.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I had my brakes replaced 4 times under the original TSB and each time the dealer increased the length of my brake warranty (in writing) by 20K miles. All told I have coverage until I hit 120K miles.

I guess it is all in how you treat your dealership service people. I have always been polite, occasionally brought in a box of doughnuts for the service guys and I have never had any of the issues people here seem to have with their dealers.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
nytitan1 said:
wish you were right on this one but look on nissanhelp.com it has all the tsb and it does state that once they give you the final so called fix that is it. They will not do it again unless you get lucky at your dealership.
Trust me,I am right on this one.The TSB itself may only be performed once.The warranty has been extended on the front rotors as stated.
The TSB was to automatically replace the front rotors and pads to an updated style,machine the rear rotors on car including replacing rear rotors if necessary,and replacing rear pads.This was to be done on EVERY 04-05 Titan with any complaint of brake shimmy.Once this has been done,they didn't throw the owners by the wayside,the dealers now are instructed to performs repairs as necessary,just not to completely update the "updated" brakes again.
Nissan's Goodwill Policy is pretty generous on any Titan owner with brake problems.If your pads are worn to the rotors,you are probably an owner.Any other brake problems,I would definetely ask the dealer to apply for goodwill assistance,if you are declined,I would then call Nissan Consumer Affairs,you will probably be treated very fairly.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Nissan Mike said:
Trust me,I am right on this one.The TSB itself may only be performed once.The warranty has been extended on the front rotors as stated.
The TSB was to automatically replace the front rotors and pads to an updated style,machine the rear rotors on car including replacing rear rotors if necessary,and replacing rear pads.This was to be done on EVERY 04-05 Titan with any complaint of brake shimmy.Once this has been done,they didn't throw the owners by the wayside,the dealers now are instructed to performs repairs as necessary,just not to completely update the "updated" brakes again.
Nissan's Goodwill Policy is pretty generous on any Titan owner with brake problems.If your pads are worn to the rotors,you are probably an owner.Any other brake problems,I would definetely ask the dealer to apply for goodwill assistance,if you are declined,I would then call Nissan Consumer Affairs,you will probably be treated very fairly.
wow wish i could get this in writing or print somewhere what you are stating because i was already charged for the fronts shoes calipers everything they told me it was normal wear and tear and since i had it done once they would not get paid from nissan to do it again per the tsb.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Nissan Mike said:

yeah right... lets do a poll and see how many were shafted after the fix.

there are so many ways the dealer can deny repair it's not even funny. they will say...

1. we waited to long to repair and it was your own negligence
2. you have big rims/ tires that caused undue stress
3. you ran through water puddle causing the rotors to warp
4. normal wear and tear
5. _______________ if you can think of another fill in the blanks

it's just too easy to NOT do the right thing and unfortunately a lot of dealer do NOT do the right thing.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Nissan Mike said:
yep, i can attest to all this! i had my rotors the first two times resurfaced and pads replaced the first time. third time i got the new rotors which were of the same design as the first brakes but of a better heat treatment which strengthened the rotors and less prone to warp, which i can say has been great for 40k so far. on the third and final brake job, the service advisor TOLD me that the rear rotors and pads were also being replaced as part of the brake fix TSB since, in theory, the rear rotors worked harder to compensate for the reduced braking quality of the front brakes since they were badly worned. i'd say Nissan took [email protected] good care of me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts