1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i hate those guys' reviews. do you really take it those videos are independently tested by professionals? i think not.

in the end, everyone could argue on for hours, and it's always whatever truck YOU bought is the best.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I love my Titan! There are pro an cons of the other trucks. I think for a long road trip, I'd go with the GMC, and interior wise I'd go with the F150 (or even the Ram!) but when you really look at it, a second on the 1/4 mile is nothing in real life. If I get to mc donalds a second after the tundra, i'll make it up by using my 6'4'' body to speed walk through the front door faster than the guy driving the Tundra.

I'm impressed however how well offroad the Titan did. And being I live in CO, I can honestly say in the snow, the Titan SUCKS. I get that horrible rear wheel spin and its a PITA!

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I love my Titan! There are pro an cons of the other trucks. I think for a long road trip, I'd go with the GMC, and interior wise I'd go with the F150 (or even the Ram!) but when you really look at it, a second on the 1/4 mile is nothing in real life. If I get to mc donalds a second after the tundra, i'll make it up by using my 6'4'' body to speed walk through the front door faster than the guy driving the Tundra.

I'm impressed however how well offroad the Titan did. And being I live in CO, I can honestly say in the snow, the Titan SUCKS. I get that horrible rear wheel spin and its a PITA!
Out of those trucks, Id take the GMC for both the trip and for overall interior. GM stepped up the 07+ interiors.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Actually, the tests look about right.....

ALL the other trucks have stepped up their game over the last couple of years, the Chevy/GMC now has about 385 HP and a 6 speed trans, as does the Tundra. The Ford has the new 6 speed trans as well and added some more ponies just like the Dodge. I'm sure on paper the Titan has the lowest HP/Torque numbers.

From 2004-2007 those same tests would have favored the Titan and Tundra.....

Love your truck as much as you like, but some facts are facts...:eyebrow:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I'm still not that impressed. It took the competition 3 long years to finally catch up to the Titan and they still haven't really eclipsed it that much. A few tenths quicker here and a few tenths quicker there. Big deal. Stick a pair of high flow headers, catback, intake with Uprev tuning on the Titan and it would leave them in the dust.

GM has to keep upping the displacement to remain competitive with torque. First it was the 6.0L Vmax, and now the 6.2L. The Tundra is good if you get the 5.7L. Unfortunately, the flimsy triple junk frame, floppy tailgate, cheap interior, rampant cost cutting (no clearcoat on solid colors like white) and bloated catfish styling ruins what could be the perfect truck. The GM twins are getting better. However, they make you pay dearly for the Titan competitive 6.0L Vmax and the top of the line 6.2L in crew cab models. The Endurance is standard equipment on all Titans including the bargain basement XE. The F-150 is getting better and so is the Ram, but Dodge really fubared the new '09's by keeping the old 5sp auto instead of going with a 6sp.

If you account for the fact that the Titan is detuned somewhat, (WOT restriction, TQ management, ECU tuning ) it still comes out pretty respectable even after all these years. Not only that, but the styling remains very unique and somewhat timeless while the other makes have tried to copy it to some degree. Especially when it comes to the GM twins Silverado/Sierra. That's probably why I like the '07+ Sierras so much.lol!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I looked at them all and bought the Titan, mainly because it's the best offroader of the group, and it does everything about mid pack or better than the rest.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I looked at them all and bought the Titan, mainly because it's the best offroader of the group, and it does everything about mid pack or better than the rest.
This is exactly why I chose it as well. The leather trim package kinda sealed the deal also.

It just sucks the so called "4-wheel limited slip" looks to be pretty useless.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Shouldn't the Titan's rear end have transferred power to the gripping tire when going up the slick hill? I thought we had something like that.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yep - just looked it up. 4-wheel limited slip (ABLS) or Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) should have transferred power. I guess it doesn't work as well as I think it should.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a dash light, BLS-D (pretty sure thats what it is) that flashes and ligths up when I loose traction. Doesn't get me out of slick situations though.. and I thought we had posi rear?? I noticed if I slam on the gas, I'll leave two nice strips. But like for example, the other day, half the truck was parked on ice. The other half on dry sidewalk. Yeah I was going BACKWARDS! First I let off the gas and my driverside tire on the ice was spinning. Didn't move. I gave a little gas, and the truck moved down the hill instead of up the hill...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have a dash light, BLS-D (pretty sure thats what it is) that flashes and ligths up when I loose traction. Doesn't get me out of slick situations though.. and I thought we had posi rear?? I noticed if I slam on the gas, I'll leave two nice strips. But like for example, the other day, half the truck was parked on ice. The other half on dry sidewalk. Yeah I was going BACKWARDS! First I let off the gas and my driverside tire on the ice was spinning. Didn't move. I gave a little gas, and the truck moved down the hill instead of up the hill...
If I can find my camera cord I will upload a video of my dad's old truck doing the same thang. It has a Limited Slip diff but when I get on it I thought it had a posi but it's just a limited slip diff. 2 nice pretty line's behind me.

·
Registered
834 Posts
its like having a 2wd truck but paying for 4x4
I would have to disagree. This hunting season I got into a few situations that I know I would have gotten stuck in with any 2wd truck & I managed to get out in 4wd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts