Nissan Titan Forum banner

Nissan Jack Not Tall Enough

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Perses 
#1 ·
So my floor jack from Home Depot broke today while I putting a wheel. Luckily I was smart enough to put a jack stand there incase it were to fall. But afterwards I tried to use the Nissan crank jack and it wasn't high enough for me to get the wheel back on. Cranked all the way to the top. I have a 2010 Pro4x and I'm curious has anyone noticed this? I went and got a new jack anyways but that was pretty scary to think I wouldn't be able to change a tire without my primary jack.

#2 ·
my jack didnt work on my 08 le either.....wonder if nissan even knows this or they put the frontier jacks in the titans by mistake.....i took mine out of the 4x when i brought it home the first day cause its that useless

#4 ·
Where did you place the jack? The one time I had to use the OEM jack I put it under the axle. Is it possible that your floor jack lifted the axle beyond the height that the OEM jack was designed for?

#5 ·
There are arrows marked on the frame for jacking.

Reactions: Reeves360
#6 ·
Yea I put right where the arrows stamped in the frame are for lifting the truck. It was good 1/2 inch short of getting the wheel in I would say. I threw mine away at this point but those first 6 months if I got a flat and couldn't change it I would have not been a happy person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.