Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had them and loved them on all my Ford trucks and saw one today on a strangers Titan in the parking lot. Went up and talked with Al he he demoed it for me. Just what I need.

Can anyone tell me where to get one or if you have one, how do you like it? He said he got the last one our local dealer had and it was like $50. I think this is the stock number: KEYPAD01

Thanks!:redblob":redblob"

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Try eBay. Recently, a couple of members were buying them up. I don't think they make them anymore. Also, try all the Nissan parts stores online. I use mine all the time.

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
i found mine at a garage sale for $5. That probably doesnt help you much, but i am pretty proud of that fact. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
i thought i saw something about guys mounting these in the door of the gas tank? kinda like a back up entry..

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
this is where mine is. inside the gas filler door. just in case i lock my keys in the truck, or left them on the nightstand or something.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
How did u install that into the pillar?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I don't know how Fords are, but this one is battery operated and just uses double sided tape to mount. You can put it anywhere.

·
Registered
170 Posts
How difficult is the installation?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
How difficult is the installation?
The instructions came with it on how to set it to your truck, or you can do a search of the forums. Either way, it's easy. If you find the one in the forum, it says you have to reprogram all of your fobs, but i didn't have to. They continued working after I programmed the keyless entry pad. The entire process took 3 minutes from start to stick.

Once it's programmed, the hardest part is deciding where to stick it. It took me hours to find the spot I liked. Once you finally pick a spot, just clean off the surface with alcohol and wait for the alcohol to dry, then stick it, BUT Don't stick it before you have programmed it as you need to be in the truck when you program it, or you'll need another person. Program first and make sure it works as well as all your fobs before you stick it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thank you Scottysize

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
yea it is battery powered and wireless. It programs similar to the fobs. The one i got came with instructions.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
BUT Don't stick it before you have programmed it as you need to be in the truck when you program it, or you'll need another person. Program first and make sure it works as well as all your fobs before you stick it.
Not true...for me, at least. I put mine in the gas door and have re-programmed it twice since installing it without removing it.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Not true...for me, at least. I put mine in the gas door and have re-programmed it twice since installing it without removing it.
Well, when you get old and fat like me, 5 seconds isn't enough time to jump out of the truck and move to the gas tank and back ;-)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Well, when you get old and fat like me, 5 seconds isn't enough time to jump out of the truck and move to the gas tank and back ;-)
I don't have the instructions with me here at work but as I recall, all I had to do was enter the "factory code" that came with it and then enter my new code. I don't remember having to do anything other than press buttons on the unit itself.

Reactions: Lifted4Fun

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
you have to get the truck into program first.

open drivers door, lock unlock 3 times , put key in and remove from ignition 10 times leaving in the last time, wait for lights to blink, program fob, put one foot in, spin aound, pat your head,... (not exact instructions, but pretty close)

its like a hoe down!

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
You have to put your key in and out of the ignition 6-10 times in order to get the truck in the mode to mate the new keyless keypad or a new fob, if you buy one of those. Once the truck is in that mode, you only have 5 seconds to get the new device mated. Once it is mated, you don't have to do the key thing again if you just want to change the code. It's the mating process that is timed by 5 seconds. That's what I meant by it would be tough to mate the new device if it is already installed in the gas door.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
you have to get the truck into program first.

open drivers door, lock unlock 3 times , put key in and remove from ignition 10 times leaving in the last time, wait for lights to blink, program fob, put one foot in, spin aound, pat your head,... (not exact instructions, but pretty close)

its like a hoe down!
LOL ^^^ Exactly. It's like a Hoe Down LOL

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
You have to put your key in and out of the ignition 6-10 times in order to get the truck in the mode to mate the new keyless keypad or a new fob, if you buy one of those. Once the truck is in that mode, you only have 5 seconds to get the new device mated. Once it is mated, you don't have to do the key thing again if you just want to change the code. It's the mating process that is timed by 5 seconds. That's what I meant by it would be tough to mate the new device if it is already installed in the gas door.
OK...it's been so long since I first installed it that I don't remember having to do all that. I do know it wasn't needed to just change the code.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still trying to find a new one for less than $50. Anyone? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts