Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nissan needs a Titan or an Armada that can beat this in power, mpg & in $cost: 2004 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI $57,800: "...The 5.0-liter twin-turbo diesel engine under this VW's hood is rated for 310 horsepower and an amazing 553 pound-feet of torque AND Fuel mileage estimates are 17 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway..."
from... http://autoshow.edmunds.com/news/autoshow/articles/100916/page047.html?tid=edmunds.e.autoshow..leftnav.48.*

by that way, i think our Ttan's the best thing since sliced bread

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hmmm

At a difference of $25,000 lets see...

$2.50 a gallon

that is 10,000 gallons of gas

or 500, 20 gallon fill ups

or about 8 years of gas.

for 2 horsepower I will keep my titan, and the free gas for 8 years will make up for the difference in mileage. (Note, I am being generious on the price of gas).

Nice option, but TOO pricy for my blood.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I actually drove a Toureg (Sp?) with a v-8. It was a very nice vehicle and very fast, but it is obviously not aimed at the same buyers as the Titan or Armada. The Toureg is aimed at someone who is generally going to use it to get around on snow-packed roads so they don't crash their BMW. That's just my impression.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Even more Manly

Yea, but wouldn't you like a V-10 twin Turbo Diesel with 500+ ft-lbs in your Titan? Ouh-Ouh-Ouh!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'd rather not have anything turbo-charged to use for a tow vehicle. I know the big rigs have em, but give me a relatively simple powerplant any day.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Titan's good, but more power please

yea man, 350+hp and 600+fp (with same epa milage and close to the same weight) would be sweet indeed.

yo Doghouse, that's some smart math real world thinking. you're right, of course!

·
Registered
622 Posts
that does sound very impressive for the volks. i qwouldn't really be ready to put 50K+ into a vehicle though, i'm still reeling from pouring 29K into my TITAN. does sound nice though for people who can afford it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts