Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 100% worth every penny. I did the ghetto aftermarket upgrade mentioned elsewhere on this forum originally and had nothing but problems. They sent light in every direction no matter what I did and other drivers really hated them (got flashed a lot), so I ended up putting the halogens back in.

I installed the Nissan LED upgrade kit a few weeks ago and have been using them without issue (no flashes from other drivers) We just had a mini blizzard last night and I had to make a run across town and they worked great also! The ghetto upgrade sent so much light up they were totally useless in snow/fog because they just illuminated all of the crap up in the air instead of just the road. These Nissan ones really project out/down like fog lights should!

999F1-W5BLD - For PR trucks
999F1-W5CLD - For all other trims

·
Registered
138 Posts
These came on my truck, and I agree - I can't understand why people are willing to spend $80 on unreliable bulbs that aren't designed for their housings rather than $150 on full projector LED fog lights from the factory that will last... As you mentioned, it's a safety issue for other drivers to put in bulbs that scatter light everywhere.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Can you buy just the lamp assembly? I dont need the bezel/trim piece. I too slapped led bulbs into the fogs and Hi-Beam....the hi beam is horrible

·
Registered
639 Posts
Can you buy just the lamp assembly? I dont need the bezel/trim piece. I too slapped led bulbs into the fogs and Hi-Beam....the hi beam is horrible
Yes the damn led hi beams are a bit too high!! I was driving under some trees and likely scared off any bird roosting up there!!

I also flashed an oncoming trucker with his highs on. They lit up the whole interior and I could see the surprise and shock on his face. I bet he never uses his highs again... hell he might still be blinded....

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes the damn led hi beams are a bit too high!! I was driving under some trees and likely scared off any bird roosting up there!!

I also flashed an oncoming trucker with his highs on. They lit up the whole interior and I could see the surprise and shock on his face. I bet he never uses his highs again... hell he might still be blinded....
Wondering if we have set screws like some other manufacturers that allow us to rotate the diodes from 1&7 to 3&9?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this for trucks with OEM fog lights or for models with no fog lights at all? Mine came with OEM fog lights which I believe are halogen as they are a different color than the OEM LED projectors on the Pro 4X.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is 100% worth every penny. I did the ghetto aftermarket upgrade mentioned elsewhere on this forum originally and had nothing but problems. They sent light in every direction no matter what I did and other drivers really hated them (got flashed a lot), so I ended up putting the halogens back in.

I installed the Nissan LED upgrade kit a few weeks ago and have been using them without issue (no flashes from other drivers) We just had a mini blizzard last night and I had to make a run across town and they worked great also! The ghetto upgrade sent so much light up they were totally useless in snow/fog because they just illuminated all of the crap up in the air instead of just the road. These Nissan ones really project out/down like fog lights should!

999F1-W5BLD - For PR trucks
999F1-W5CLD - For all other trims
Yeah I'm coming back around to this. I agree on the light scatter. I like the "look" of the aftermarket upgrade but as for usability (doesn't show much light on the road) and yes the light seems very bright.

I got a amazon price of $146.00 + tax (which is a bit higher than other spots but I prefer amazon if an issue arises... Ive had issues with some of these nissan parts sites and they charge all kinds of restocking fees/return shipping fees) which is an issue should I haven an issue. I see the amazon one now is $194 so now it's probably not worth it to most (I got the PR truck one).

Hoping this projects light as well as I hope. The pics look pretty good. I'll share pics once it arrives (it is currently backordered).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is this for trucks with OEM fog lights or for models with no fog lights at all? Mine came with OEM fog lights which I believe are halogen as they are a different color than the OEM LED projectors on the Pro 4X.
The part numbers I posted are for trucks that came with fog lights already from the factory, but as you stated the factory fogs are halogen and these are factory LED replacements.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmmmm... just the bulbs? looking at Tasca, it looks like the whole thing... bezel and all...

EDIT: Here are the instructions.... https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/V/T/1VT14.PDF ... looks like just the LED housing plus the sub harness... pretty cool I suppose.. I'll see about this one.. I just ordered the superbrightleds.com ones...

·
Registered
168 Posts
yup.. just took a gander... looks like a simple install... but at $150ish, i may hold off until the little LED bulbs I got blow but the wife brought up a good point... if it's factory parts, will it be covered by warranty if I install it? I'm pretty sure it would be but you never know.... I may still send back the bulbs though.. they were only $40 on sale soooo... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts