Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the system for Ordering Nissan Products.

The first week of every month, dealers have 2-4 days to review their allocations, and modify cars to suit their order needs. Dealers are not guaranteed to get any allocations since they are based on sales efficiency and inventory.

If you "ORDER" your car, the dealer can only order it during this period and actually specify your individual options. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME. Sometimes there are restrictions..such as 25% DVD, 10% Tec package...etc.

Orders placed are for the NEXT months porduction. Meaning...orders placed in Feb. will be built in March, and will be delivered afterwards.

Delivery: Domestic production..example:

Titan, Quest, Armada..Canton plant...If it gets built the first week of say....MARCH....it will get to the dealer MAYBE by late March, but most likely April. March production...most cars will be delivered the following month.

Japanese built products...add another 30 days minimum.

I just wanted to clarify the order process. If you order your car Feb 10, and it is already past the Feb. product order cycle....YOUR ORDER WILL NOT BE ACTUALLY ENTERED until the following production cycle....March...meaning April build, May delivery.

VIN numbers are not issued until very near the build date.

If you have question, feel free to e-mail me directly....I am a dealer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow, thanks for the information. I'm still waiting on my dealer to get me my order number. My truck was ordered the beginning of Jan. They said they should have it around March 1.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I want to thank 70boss again for keeping us up to speed on ordering. Mine was ordered on December 31st. I have an order number and now with 70boss's help my VIN. I had a delivery date of Feb 5th but the status shows SIT. IT means in transit and I am assuming the s means shipped. Still not here but soon I hope. The suspense is killing me!! PS. I also used the little guy that I thought was giving thumbs up the other night. Now I find out it is the finger. No harm done I hope!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sit

SIT Does not mean Shipped in Transit. SIT...USED to mean Sea In Transit for Japanese built products. I don't remember what it is on the domestic built units. I will check when I get a chance.

LIT = Land In Transit....THAT is when it is Shipped truly....and if it shows a RAIL CAR number then it is expected within a week.

Nissan is pretty close on their estimates...but keep in mind, THE DEALER HAS NO CONTROL over shipping or build date...And sometimes, Nissan will delete items based on supply on the line....so as not to slow the line down, or slow the vehicle flow to the customer....Not major items like DVD, things like Splash guards, electrochromic mirror....

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I ordered my truck on Dec. 5th. I got my order number on Dec. 6th. I called my Dealer on the 16th of Jan. and they had my VIN and said that my trucks ETA was 3-1-04 and that the status of my truck was SIT on the 16th. 70sboss pulled my order and told me the delivery date was 2-20-04. He also said that SIT. used to mean "sea in transit". This is obviously not the case with my truck. He will be getting back to me asap with the info. HE HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL. MANY THANKS!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Darn it. I guess I will just have to SIT or go get LIT until IT gets here!! Thanks again 70boss for your insight. I know it will be worth the wait. forum!!! :computern

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think Static and I are together on being on edge waiting for our truck to come in. I feel like a puppy sitting on the front step.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
ttz32 said:
I think Static and I are together on being on edge waiting for our truck to come in. I feel like a puppy sitting on the front step.

I know what ya mean. When I was waiting for mine, my heart skipped a beat every time I saw a car carrier.

Robert

·
Registered
155 Posts
Boy you have that right. Car carrier where?? I don't see it!! I went by the dealership today, my normal way home now, and they got two new ones in. If anyone is interested they have two king cabs and one club cab 2 wheel drive. They have only sold one so far out of the 4 they have received and I probably put the most miles on it!!. We have a small dealership as I am in a small town. Car carrier where!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ha! Are you there everyday?

Sometimes I think I should come up with excuses to get them to allow me to drive another Titan. I miss it from that first night.

·
Registered
13 Posts
70boss - that is very good info. Here is my question. With Nissan saying the tentative date for the elock rear diff being April 4 or 5th, what procedure should be followed to order my truck with an assurance that I get this option? I fear is that the only answer here will be to wait until April, meaning May, or even June build, but any advice would be appreciated. Oh well, maybe this will allow the demand to stabilize, allow me to pay my price for the truck (invoice). I got an email from a dealer I test drove at offering me a 'great deal' if I bought one off the lot prior to the end of month, as they were falling short of Nissan's sales target for them. I will pass, as I see the locking rear diff as a major issue that this truck badly needs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sigarms. The truck does not need anything badly. It is the person that will be driving it that needs that something extra. If you plan on driving the truck in places and getting into situations where you HAVE to have the locking rear differential then yes by all means get it. Not one of the 5 trucks I have ever owned has had it and I have never needed it so I was not concerned about getting it on this truck. I will be just fine without. I live in snow country and will trust this Titan to do even better than the others I have owned. Just a blonde's opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
static101 said:
Sigarms. The truck does not need anything badly. It is the person that will be driving it that needs that something extra. If you plan on driving the truck in places and getting into situations where you HAVE to have the locking rear differential then yes by all means get it. Not one of the 5 trucks I have ever owned has had it and I have never needed it so I was not concerned about getting it on this truck. I will be just fine without. I live in snow country and will trust this Titan to do even better than the others I have owned. Just a blonde's opinion.
Yup, understand, but I do expect to have this in the dirt, and besides, why not get all the capability you can get as long as you desire the off road pack. Its all about options. Even more importantly, the locking switch shuts down the rear ABLS.....more options again for anything that is thrown your way.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
static101 said:
Just a blonde's opinion.

LOL Ok now so we know know your a blonde :smoke:

Take no offense, my wife is a 'dirty blonde' as well so of course she gets a lil grief as well :jester:

As far as the lock I didn't forsee us having a need for it either...our plan will be light desert area ingress/egress after we pick up a couple desert toys to play with.

Chris

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Diff Loc

I will not post a certain date...I have no idea. Nissan says a certain time, but I prefer to under-promise, and over-deliver. All I will say is "Spring".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sit does not mean Shipped in Transit

70boss said:
SIT Does not mean Shipped in Transit. SIT...USED to mean Sea In Transit for Japanese built products. I don't remember what it is on the domestic built units. I will check when I get a chance.

LIT = Land In Transit....THAT is when it is Shipped truly....and if it shows a RAIL CAR number then it is expected within a week.

Nissan is pretty close on their estimates...but keep in mind, THE DEALER HAS NO CONTROL over shipping or build date...And sometimes, Nissan will delete items based on supply on the line....so as not to slow the line down, or slow the vehicle flow to the customer....Not major items like DVD, things like Splash guards, electrochromic mirror....
I called the dealer today and he said the staus on my Titan was "WIT" whatever that means! I can't seem to get a straight answer AS TO WHEN IT WILL BE HERE ! Regards NORM
:crying:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
campsmoke said:
I called the dealer today and he said the staus on my Titan was "WIT" whatever that means! I can't seem to get a straight answer AS TO WHEN IT WILL BE HERE ! Regards NORM
"WIT" stands for "Whenever It's There" you'll get it. :jester:

·
Registered
105 Posts
campsmoke said:
Dealer called me back - made a typing error status should have been "WIP" work in progress! Thensaid he had an update that it was finished and "On Rail" so it is between here and the plant! Can't wait!

Norm
:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Campsmoke at least you are WIP I am still SIT. 70boss did you ever find out what SIT stood for now? I hope I missed the WIP stage and am in some stage of IT but I do know for sure. I am in the CIH stage , crazy in head stage, due to dealer not knowing and being in NAA , nothing at all stage!! Glad to hear your truck will be to you soon. I hope I can say the same!! Good Luck!! :huh:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Titan

hey guys, just ordered my TITAN today from a dealership here in SoCal, $200 over invoice is the deal i got, gonna be a galaxy black SE 4x2 w/ big tow, utility bed, pop pack. 60 days is too long!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts