Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Nissan Titan the hood and the top is showing signs of the clear coat pulling off. I’ve owned the truck for 3 years I’ve always washed asnd wax but seem to be getting worse anything out there to slow the process down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,471 Posts
Just watch it roll off like a damn old window shade. I was anal about my paint. Nissan just said "sorry, it's out of the 3 year warranty."

Attachments

Reactions: Titan332009

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,471 Posts
A hard thunderstorm rain did that. Hood, roof, bedsides. Looks like pure crap. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
37,029 Posts
This is why I repainted my truck over a year ago... that is the only thing that will "stop it"

·
Registered
989 Posts
That really depends on where you live, as labor costs vary by geographic area. Better to go out and get at least three estimates to get a good idea of what the range is in your area.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I worked in a Nissan dealer bodyshop for years the titans and frontiers around that time had really bad quality factory paint jobs. They took care of some of the frontier owners but not all of them with paint and clear coat peeling but never took care of the titan owners unless it happen with in the first 3 years and even then the Nissan reps in this area made it had for it to be Warrenty. I had an steers before this and it was a 03 and the paint was much higher quality and it did not chip off as easy.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Dang, sorry about your luck fellas. My 2005 still looks great and it sat out in the sun and cold here in Pennsylvania for the first 11 years of it's life.

Side note... i had some paintless dent repair work done awhile back and the guy told me it was the thickest, toughest metal he had seen on any of the newer vehicles he had worked on. That's good I guess!

·
Registered
615 Posts
This is why I repainted my truck over a year ago... that is the only thing that will "stop it"

Congrats and it's awesome you stuck with your first gen this long. I'll most likely do the same (if starts having issues) with the 17 as planning on keeping long term.

Ballpark figure for decent paint/clearcoat for full size truck from reputable shop is around 3k.

·
Super Moderator
37,029 Posts
Congrats and it's awesome you stuck with your first gen this long. I'll most likely do the same (if starts having issues) with the 17 as planning on keeping long term.
Yep, still going strong and my girls are fighting on who is going to get it next ;)...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts