Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are interested in this truck, just like me, please check this out.

If you go to Nissans site and sign up to receive updates about the vehicle, they will promptly mail you a neat press pack with a large booklet containing stats and photos about the Titan, as well as a letter from Nissan Motor Co.

Its kinda neat, I'll get some pictures up soon. But, go here to sign up:

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/FutureModelGetUpdates/0,,24367.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Q&A

the only thing that turns me off about this truck is that is not a true import just like my current tundra, that and the weird front windshield pillar and the tailights ,which should have looked more like the dodge tails. before i decide if this truck is for me does anyone know what percentage japan parts and involment this truck contains . there are enthusiast but no one can give me a straight answer

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The design of the motor is all Nissan tho, and as far as I am concerned that is the most important part of the vehicle.

I expect great power, and great reliability from this truck.. build quality (i'm hoping) should be excellent as well.

Besides, foreign competition to the big 3 is always a good thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thats good to hear .someone from another forum who is supposedly a nissan sales manger claims this truck to be more american than some domestics , i guess his philosophy is ''if its built in the USA by American workers than its an American truck. thats my reason for my first question cause i know when you walk in the mitsu dealer and check out the new Evolution ,on the sticker you will see 100% Japan and somehow that reminds me of ''why i purchased imports from the start"!!. in other words im not a bandwagon jumper i defended toyota nissan mazda etc when everyone else thought they were crap (back in the 80s ya know) now they have acura ,lexus ,infinity vehicles that target the majority of those past haters of japanese cars. i bet there are people out there who dont even know- lexus =toyota ,infinty = nissan , acura = honda . import vs domestics =:fight:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the biggest reason for them assembling the cars in America is to bypass the duty tax when they import a primarily "japanese" vehicle.

By assembling the majority of it here (i forget what percentage is required) they can claim its not an import, and sell it without incurring that tax. Its good for us because it creates jobs here.

Ask that Nissan engineer to come on over and post some info for us! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
its a good thing for our economy so long quality remains, as in the past japan built cars. as to that salesperson he can be found on freshalloy.com

·
Registered
795 Posts
hmmmm....I wonder what the actual quality statistics look like. seems like we've had a few things show up. juma

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is there no faith in the American worker these days ? What do customers of your product / service, think ... hmmm. IMO, the plant workers in Canton need to be given a fair chance.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I beleive anything with more than 70% domestic parts can legally be called a DOMESTIC. They used to put japan and US content on the stickers but....I don't see it on mine.
And to answer the question...NO, I don't trust the American worker as much as the Japanese worker. We have NO pride here in our work in comarison....and, as we can all see in recent years, since most Nissan have been assembled here, initial quality has gone into the toilet! Track records don't lie. Our 04 Quest was replaced by Nissan (luckily by the dealer....no lemon law needed!) because they couldn't fix all that was wrong with it. The newer one was perfect.
As I mentioned in another post, I picked up my truck this past Friday!.....and it goes back in to have the driveshaft and transfer case swapped from another truck on the lot because mines' pissing tranny fluid. It's an easy fix...no problem but...c'mon!...the truck was 3 hrs old when I noticed it. It's not a worn part, but one that was obviously not installed correctly. Maybe the guy was in a hurry to go to lunch! Buy American?...or "Look for the union label"? (thankfully, Nissans' non-union!....or we'd REALLY be in trouble!)...I think not! Sad isn't it?!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Titanicse, I am surprised you are still in this country. Bet you could find a good job in Japan and enjoy a whole host of quality products over there. For a country as screwed up as we are it is amazing folks are dying just for the chance to come and live the American dream. Go figure.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey Tall?.....I see you can't handle the truth but.....again, it's sad I have to feel this way but.....work ethic here is non-existant....thus we produce an inferior product when compared to the Japanese. That's already a proven fact. The "American dream" is being able to buy American with pride! Not happening anytime soon. :crying:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have owned 4 Nissans, 3 Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, but no Dodges. Never could get past the Dodge name. I don't think there has ben any differences I have found in the last 40 years between all the above makes. Some problems with all. Lot of problems with some. Best vehicle I have had as far as problems was a 1998 Pontiac Granp Prix GT. 110 thousand miles and looks and drives brand new. Everything that came on the car works now. Seen the Pontiac service guy 1 time for loose wire, got a free oil change. My Titan truck, 2004 CC SE , Big tow, all options but 4x4, has had a few problems . All have been fixed and my service dealer was happy to help. This truck so far is the best truck I have had. There are problems in quality at some auto plants but American plants are not alone with problems. I agree with the Union statment. Unions have been a problem for our plants but you can thank the liberals like Teddy ( Chapaquid****) Kennedy for those problems. Unions back 40-50 years ago were a good thing but now has gone to he-- in a hand basket. After hanging out in a few rice patties about 38 years ago , an 18 year old scared to death kid, came to realize that it was a pretty good feeling to set foot back on the shores of the good old USA again and at 57 years old I sometimes have to try to defend her again. We got our problems, but hell who aint.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well, seeing your experiences overseas, of course you feel the way you do. I would to. I'm speaking about my experience with domestic nameplates and keep up with what's reliable in the industry. There can be good and bad with ANY make....agreed. But time and time again, Japanese models have fared much better over time. I would LOVE for domestics to overtake ALL foreign makes in that catagory...don't get me wrong. I'm not a millionaire so when I spend my mighty doller, it's on something that HOPEFULLY will last!

·
Banned
361 Posts
before anyone bashes american workers, you really should look at the context of what you are saying. you say work ethic is low. why do you think that is? maybe because people are afraid they will be the next plant to close down and move overseas where the workers are paid a fraction of what we call minimum wage.

For what it's worth, free trade in a global economy will equalize the countries involved. in other words, those countries with a poor economy will be raised and those with strong economies (like us) will be lowered. free trade will take the $20/hour worker and $1/hour worker and pay them each $10. Like it or not, this is what is happening. How many times have you heard a businessman say "we just can't compete." They usually say this shortly before moving to China or Mexico.

It's easy to lay blame. At least look at the whole picture before you do it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ask yourself...When you think of Top Quality in the Automotive world, what Company names come to mind? Hummmmm ....When you think of the World's safest, which companies come to mind?

·
Registered
362 Posts
You did hear me bash American workers. What you DIDN'T hear me do is place blame. My post didn't say there was no reason, although I tend to think there's more to it than you suggest, just stating the obvious as far as quality work being done in other countries rather than our own.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
TallTexan said:
I have owned 4 Nissans, 3 Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, but no Dodges. Never could get past the Dodge name. I don't think there has ben any differences I have found in the last 40 years between all the above makes. Some problems with all. Lot of problems with some. Best vehicle I have had as far as problems was a 1998 Pontiac Granp Prix GT. 110 thousand miles and looks and drives brand new. Everything that came on the car works now. Seen the Pontiac service guy 1 time for loose wire, got a free oil change. My Titan truck, 2004 CC SE , Big tow, all options but 4x4, has had a few problems . All have been fixed and my service dealer was happy to help. This truck so far is the best truck I have had. There are problems in quality at some auto plants but American plants are not alone with problems. I agree with the Union statment. Unions have been a problem for our plants but you can thank the liberals like Teddy ( Chapaquid****) Kennedy for those problems. Unions back 40-50 years ago were a good thing but now has gone to he-- in a hand basket. After hanging out in a few rice patties about 38 years ago , an 18 year old scared to death kid, came to realize that it was a pretty good feeling to set foot back on the shores of the good old USA again and at 57 years old I sometimes have to try to defend her again. We got our problems, but hell who aint.
I don't think you can lay all of the blame on the assembly line worker. The design engineers are a big part of the problem as well. Remember the Pinto, Vega, X car, and K car. All of these cars were hyped to the hilt but were pieces of junk.

·
Banned
361 Posts
And to answer the question...NO, I don't trust the American worker as much as the Japanese worker
Maybe the guy was in a hurry to go to lunch! Buy American?...or "Look for the union label"? (thankfully, Nissans' non-union!....or we'd REALLY be in trouble!)

work ethic here is non-existant
When i read things like these statements i pulled from your earlier posts, it sounds like you are bashing the American worker and union workers in general and basically blaming them for the faults of your vehicle. sorry if i misinterpreted.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts