Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer's General Manager has had some printing done recently at my shop and when he has been in he has been keeping tabs on my satisfaction with my new Titan. Today he told me that he will have a Nissan Product Engineer for the Titan at the dealership tomorrow (Thursday) and for me to stop by with some feedback for him if I can. I think I will head over during lunch, and I just wanted to see if there were any issues you guys would like me to mention. I will let you all know how it goes...

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Bez said:
My dealer's General Manager has had some printing done recently at my shop and when he has been in he has been keeping tabs on my satisfaction with my new Titan. Today he told me that he will have a Nissan Product Engineer for the Titan at the dealership tomorrow (Thursday) and for me to stop by with some feedback for him if I can. I think I will head over during lunch, and I just wanted to see if there were any issues you guys would like me to mention. I will let you all know how it goes...
These seem to be repeatedly mentioned here as problems:

1. radio fade - not holding stereo - apparently tuner or antenna problem
2. mounting tape on splash guards and tailgate plastic too thin
3. spray on bed liner too thin causing blistering, peeling and separation

Oh, and F150s blocking traffic.

·
Registered
183 Posts
And possibly the middle rear seat belt?

·
Registered
359 Posts
As newly reported, the warped rotor problem is of great concern to me...I'm glad you're getting a chance to meet with the Product Engineer...he really should check out TitanTalk on a regular basis...we offer a steady and continuously revised stream of feedback. In fact I can't imagine a more valuable source of real world owner reaction than this forum, and Nissan Corp. should take advantage and log on daily...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
After much research on my future purchase, this is what I am hearing.
Still want a Titan mind you. But Nissan needs to smooth off a few rough edges.
1. Radio goes in and out of stereo alot,... all the time.
2. RF system is about like the Fronty's...CD=good, radio=bad.
3. Brakes feel soft/spongy.
4. Mud/splash guards are taped on, falling off real soon.
5. Tail gate lock is falling apart and bib around it is taped on.
6. Middle back seat belt either won't lock or won't open.
7. Off road package tires are cupping with really low miles.
8. Compartment behind driver's rear wheel is a pain, trim falls off and metal creases easily.
9. Captain's chair power seats move around (forward) without you touching the controls if you sit on the edge of the seat depressing the foam.
10. AC vent tubes for the back seats in the bench seat version are easily crushed because they run under the drivers seat foot area.
11. Weather stripping around doors is taped on and is falling off real soon.
12. One guy (repeat one guy) had his dashboard start smoking, electrical problem.
13. Warped rotors
14. Blistering, peeling, seperating factory spray in bed liner.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I thought the electrical harness fire was part of the hoax postings by those 3 guys who work together?

I don't have any of the problems :) , even the radio is fine (upgraded radio but not RF).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Man, am i the only one who hasn't had ANY of these problems?
Literally, I haven't noticed anything at all, mechanical or cosmetic and I have about 5k on the truck by the way.

I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I haven't had any of these problems either. I do get radio fade, but I got that with my Durango in the same area so I am not going to blame it on the RF.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Just posting what I have read here and a few other related sites. Can not vouch for how truthfull the posters are or how wide spread the problems are. Some of the problems are identical to what the Frontiers are having (RF radio/CD system and brakes/rotors). Some you don't have, like the 3rd brake light filling up with water.

Speaking for myself only, I have had problems with every car or truck I have owned, most small little problems, one or two big problems. I feel like every vehicle will have issues sooner or later, just don't want them to be big "stranded on the side of the road" problems and I don't want a hassle from the dealer with any problem that is under warranty or is on a TSB, which is what I get with my dealer. If the Titan has a list of minor problems that the dealer fixes, I would still get one. If they hassle the owner of the vehicle, I will just keep what I got and deal with it's minor problems.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have had none of the problems you have talked about. I have 3000 miles on mine and it has been great plus the fuel economy is getting better all of the time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Electrical Harness problem was a hoax buy some small brained idiot who needs to get a life. He is actually jealous and can't afford to buy a Titan or a House.
Scratch this one off of the defect list.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have not had most of these problems, and ones I have had not to this degree. I think we talk about the problems in great disporportion to all of the things that are not a problem.

1. Radio goes in and out of stereo alot,... all the time.
The fading in and out of my radio volume was the SSV doing its thing. I have the SSV turned down to low or off and this has ceased to be an issue for me.

2. RF system is about like the Fronty's...CD=good, radio=bad.
I do not have the RF system, I have the Nissan 6CD...so NA

3. Brakes feel soft/spongy.
Not mine.

4. Mud/splash guards are taped on, falling off real soon.
Taped and screwed, holding up fine. UPDATE: until it went through an automated carwash, now mudflaps are on my list too.

5. Tail gate lock is falling apart and bib around it is taped on.
Parts may be taped (you say this like it is a bad thing?), but mine is doing fine.

6. Middle back seat belt either won't lock or won't open.
Mine has needed to be worked to get the ratchet to release and allow the seatbelt to pull out. I will be taking this up with Nissan on my first service visit in April.

7. Off road package tires are cupping with really low miles.
Not that I have noticed, but only 1100 mile so far.

8. Compartment behind driver's rear wheel is a pain, trim falls off and metal creases easily.
Not on mine, it is working fine.

9. Captain's chair power seats move around (forward) without you touching the controls if you sit on the edge of the seat depressing the foam.
I have bench seats so... NA

10. AC vent tubes for the back seats in the bench seat version are easily crushed because they run under the drivers seat foot area.
Mine have not come near being crushed, I do hear the floormat slap at them sometimes depending on what I am doing with my feet.

11. Weather stripping around doors is taped on and is falling off real soon.
Taped yes, falling off no.

12. One guy (repeat one guy) had his dashboard start smoking, electrical problem.

13. Warped rotors

Again, I have not noticed this, even with boat trailering.

14. Blistering, peeling, seperating factory spray in bed liner.
I have not had a problem with this.

·
Registered
823 Posts
robertc said:
The Electrical Harness problem was a hoax buy some small brained idiot who needs to get a life. He is actually jealous and can't afford to buy a Titan or a House.
Scratch this one off of the defect list.
I know I haven't been able to log on much these days but you've got to be kidding me Robert about the electrical harness fire. That was a hoax?? What was that guys username? Man, I need to start checking in more often because I thought that was a real problem.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
These aren't QC issues, but rather why I'm holding out and crossing my fingers for some changes in the '05 model.

-Power Bench Seats
-Side Airbag Option availability with Bench Seats

Would also like to see them bolster the seats in general...I may be in the minority here, as I've heard some comment on how comfortable the seats are, but I feel the seats are too mushy, too short and lack side thigh support. Really like to have that support when offroad or huggin the curves.

Badmo...aka, "seat guy"

·
Super Moderator
35,751 Posts
Jet:

The smoking wire harness was a snowjob by snowman, who fortunately, is no longer with us. Mr. Plow got plowed and rightfully so.

I dare say there are a few who would like to :boxing: if you know what I mean! :jester:

·
Registered
823 Posts
37L1 said:
Jet:

The smoking wire harness was a snowjob by snowman, who fortunately, is no longer with us. Mr. Plow got plowed and rightfully so.

I dare say there are a few who would like to :boxing: if you know what I mean! :jester:
Wow, I bought into that story hook line and sinker. I feel so used :crying:

So who found out snowman was a fraud? He had a good line, at least I thought his story was believeable. Hell everyone on the board was offering him their sympathy. What a bastard!!

·
Super Moderator
35,751 Posts
JetForeman said:
Wow, I bought into that story hook line and sinker. I feel so used :crying:

So who found out snowman was a fraud? He had a good line, at least I thought his story was believeable. Hell everyone on the board was offering him their sympathy. What a bastard!!
RobertC finally blew the whistle on him and CaliforniaTitan (Cris the site moderator) checked their IP and found that they were all mailing from the same place of business. There was one other involved who tried to deny it to the end, but there was no doubt about their BS/Trolling.

They haven't gotten what they deserved, just banned.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts