Nissan Titan Forum banner
181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
^+1
I bought my truck and the Mini dealer only gave me one key and no FOB. I think I get the gist now. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I can buy a Rouge key, have it cut at home depot, then put the chip from my physical key in the Rouge fob, and everything should work. The other option would be getting a Rouge key cut then having the dealer program the fob and key to my truck for $70 (thats the local dealers price). Right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That what I understand. I just ordered two keys from E-bay cause I'm in the same boat you are. Just bought the truck and have one one key and remote. Mine is a 2010 SE kingcab. I'm going to take mine to the dealer and have them program them. Will try to have them cut at local Home Depot. Will post when I get my cuts and how much of a hassle it is to have them cut and programmed. Stay tuned. Keys should be here around Jan 28th or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I got the keys the other day. Today is the first chance I had to get stuff done. Went to the dealer and told them I needed to have my keys cut and programmed. They were not to sure it would work, but I told to do it anyway. You should have seen the shocked look on their face when it did. They just stood around scratching their heads. Thanks to all here for the idea, best one yet. I got two keys cut, programmed, door locks and everything for 50.00. Best part is, now I have three keys to my truck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got this cut and programmed for my 2011 Pro4x today. Bought it on ebay, very good quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beware the ebay keys. The remote on the ones I got barely work, maybe 50% of the time. So know I paid to have keys cut and programmed and they don't really work.

If i do it again, I will go OEM.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Link?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got my Rogue key working over the weekend. Programmed the remote with the instructions found in this thread. Had them cut the keys for free at Home Depot- the guy initially said they didn't cut customer supplied keys but ended up doing it for me anyways- no charge. They also program chip keys but the machine did not show the Titan as one they can do. There's a bunch of other Nissan's listed but no Titan. So I tried Lowe's...they program chipped Keys also but once again do not list the Titan in their book. Next I tried Ace Hardware they say they can do Titans but they can't do keys with the integral remote control for some reason. Next I tried the local locksmith that I've done business with...first question they asked was did I buy it online- they won't do keys bought online because they say sometimes it doesn't work and if they try it and it does not work none of the keys will start the vehicle after that. So I ended up cutting the chip out of my spare key and installing it ...works perfectly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought GENUINE Nissan rogue key for $32 shipped off ebay, had the key cut at walmart for free and cut the chip out of my valet key and out it into the rogue key fob, works perfect.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I bought GENUINE Nissan rogue key for $32 shipped off ebay, had the key cut at walmart for free and cut the chip out of my valet key and out it into the rogue key fob, works perfect.
Hi.

What vendor did you use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
"2 New Remote Headed Car Key Fob Keyless Entry Ignition For CWTWB1U751" brand keyless king on eBay.

Just picked these up and swapped in the chip from my valet key. At $17 for 2 I figured it was Worth a try compared to the oem prices. Plus I have a backup fob if one breaks.

Fob portion programmed easily using instructions found elsewhere on Titantalk

The keys shipped with a chip, so I just pried it up and out before installing the chip from the valet key.

Thought I'd post some photos, as it really was very easy to get the chip out of the valet key once I figured out the right way and I wasn't able to find any photos of this process for the valet key before I did it.

Cutting around the key is unnecessary. Just heat up with a hair dryer. When it feels mushy, insert a flat screwdriver where the key meets the rubber head and pry upward. The chip is in a little tray and after prying both sides of the key it slides out easily.

I wasn't able to get the keys cut for free at my local big box store (Canadian Tire) because they said the key portion was too long, my locksmith had no trouble though for about $8.

This post would have been more helpful with the links I had in there originally, but I guess I'll post anyway so I'll be one step closer
to those privileges.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
181 - 196 of 196 Posts