Nissan Titan Forum banner

141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Anyone else having issues with the knockoff keys from ebay. I've had tons of problems with the remote part of mine. Going to have to splurge for an OEM one.
My Rogue one has some problems. The signal is delayed about 1 second and it doesn't want to stay shut. The screw is on the lower portion so the top portion wants to separate slightly....I have to squeeze the shell together to get the buttons to work. It seems like I just got a dud though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My Rogue one has some problems. The signal is delayed about 1 second and it doesn't want to stay shut. The screw is on the lower portion so the top portion wants to separate slightly....I have to squeeze the shell together to get the buttons to work. It seems like I just got a dud though.
The blade is removable. So i just bought an OEM key that was CUT for $10 on ebay. I will swap the blade and chip from my knock off over to the oem one and maybe even the PCB if things line up right. I suspect the OEM one will be much more reliable. The problems with mine all seem to be mechanical.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got my rouge keys cut yesterday and programmed at the stealership. They tell me they cant get the lock/unlock feature to work since there not Titan keys. I said no worries ill do it. 5 min later I'm locking and unlocking the doors with them and there just staring in amazement. So do I tell them how. Heck no. I just wave and drive off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tools needed

1. Small flat head screwdriver.
2. Xacto Knife
3. Hack Saw

Procedure

1. Cut into the seam on the sides of the key all the way around.
2. Use the small flat head screw driver to pry the key apart.
3. Cut the key ring side of the the key off. I did this to make it easier to pry under the chip without damage. You might be able to skip this step.
4. In my picture you see a reverse red L. there is a wall of plastic around the chip here. Cut the wall where indicated with arrows using the Xacto knife. be careful not to cut into the chip. I did this so that i could get under the chip to pry it out without breaking it.
5. using the tip of the screw driver push the walls over away from the chip so that they break off.
6. using the Xacto or small screw driver carefully pry under the chip and it will pop out. be careful as mine flew a ways when it popped out.

Just did this!!! Got my keys from Ebay yesterday, have a key machine at my shop, cut the blanks, programmed fob and transferred the chip from original key. Works like a champ! Thank You!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello, Purchased the same key off ebay, my dealer wants 128.00 out the door with tax in florida, mobile service wants 95.00. Then they said it wont work which I take your guys word over there's anyday but if there right its a non-refundable 128.00

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hello, Purchased the same key off ebay, my dealer wants 128.00 out the door with tax in florida, mobile service wants 95.00. Then they said it wont work which I take your guys word over there's anyday but if there right its a non-refundable 128.00
Do it yourself. Take the chip out of your old key....get the key cut at home depot....program the buttons....good to go

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sweet post Vilim. Im gonna have to buy the two key set. Bought my T used and only came with one key. Great write up bud. Ill have to shop the stealerships for a decent deal or pretend I used to work at one of them.
:eveilgrin

·
Registered
176 Posts
But will it keep me from losing them? lol nice find man.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the separated key and key fob combo that came factory on our trucks so I looked around for a better solution.

At first I ended up with one of the ebay flip keys, it worked alright just didn't feel very OEM. The actual key was loose and overall the quality felt cheap.

So I looked around for an OEM solution. Most of Nissans new models come with the Smart Key with push button start. Except for the Nissan Rogue. Bought it on eBay for $17 shipped (used to test). Just received it and it programmed flawlessly with the truck. 3 button key just like the original and all work as should.

And since I have Uprev I have NATs disabled (my truck does not require a chip to start anymore). Home Depot will cut the key for free since you brought it in. As far as trucks without NATs disabled I do not know if this will work and program with the chip requirement.

Size Comparison

Cut and unlocks and starts the truck perfectly
Great idea vilim! I just went to the stealership and got the rogue keys programmed and cut for 60 bucks. It took longer to argue and convince the tech it WILL work for the T than the actual cut and program. Thanks Vilim

·
Registered
164 Posts
had this done also and MAN do i love it.

im the kind of guy that can't even be bothered to carry a wallet so this mod was a no brainier for me

thanks OP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought both a flip key and a rogue key today to see which one I will like better, but I've got a pretty strong feeling that I will be ordering more rogue keys! This will be so much better than carrying my mammoth key ring around :grunge:. Thanks for the write up!:big_grin:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought the key off ebay and mine kinda sucks. It was ok for a couple of months, but now the buttons work maybe 1 out of 10 times. Anyone else have trouble with the knockoff ebay keyfobs?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yeah mine has problems with the buttons every once in a while. I have learned that I need to hold it for a split second instead of just clicking it. I went back and forth with the ebay seller a few times about it, but couldn't get them to do anything about it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i gotta do this must have.

141 - 160 of 196 Posts