Nissan Titan Forum banner

161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Went to both Home Depots in Corpus Christi. First one told me no outright. Second one told me that they couldn't cut a customers own purchased keys because they aren't locksmiths. I looked at him and said "So if I purchase a key from you, it will make you a locksmith?" He looked dumbfounded by his own logic, so I walked away and chuckled. Might take it to the Nissan Dealer, might not.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have been checking this out but can not find the correct fcc# to match mine. Mine ends in 733. The rogue one ends in something else. I think the letters are the same.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Forgot to post that I found a local locksmith that would do it. Total cost from them...$4 bucks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That rogue remote key is sweet. Just got mine cut and programmed today, mobile automobile locksmith. $60 plus cost of key from eBay. What a better option than having to carry key, remote, and remote for starter. Should have done this a few months ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
These eBay knock off keys are not very good, no Nissan logo on back no FCC # of any kind. There's a delay on lock/unlock press. need to hold button for 1 second for it to work.

OEM rogue key battery CR2025. eBay key battery CR1616 big difference on power.
I believe the bigger battery will transmit better and last longer.

If you're going to do this mod buy the OEM rogue key and don't make the same mistake I did.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Which key is it, the one that slides out of the remote or the key with the buttons on it?

All I know for sure is I want one :).

I also have a bug deflector brand new in the box for a 2014 if anyone wants it, free...

Thanks,

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will be ordering 2 new keys (OEM) from carandtruckremotes.com they seem to have the best prices on new OEM keys, better than eBay.

The knock offs I got from eBay are not up to my standards, you get what you pay.
The one that slides out of the remote I think are called smart keys I don't think they work with our trucks. The one with the 3 buttons is the one you want.

Batteries+Bulbs cut and program the 2 I got from eBay, they start the truck but I can't lock my tailgate with it. This time around the dealer's going to cut the new ones with my vin #, maybe I'll let them program it too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update: Need to make a correction on the OEM rogue key, now the it's in my hands the correct battery size is CR2016 not CR2025, my apologies.

Dealer charged me $5.00 to cut both keys, whatever I wasn't going to argue.
There's no lag or delay when lock/unlock buttons are pressed like the eBay ones.
And now I can lock my tailgate too.

Overall I'm very happy with this key mod. If anyone on here decides to do this key mod safe yourself the money/headache just buy OEM and have the dealer cut the key using your vin# it's the best fit overall.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So WHO is a good vendor on Ebay to purchase the rogue keys, and ones that are OEM keys and not the knock off ones???

I'm very interested in doing this mod since I only have one key, but have there been any issues with OEM keys that you guys have had programmed???

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is where I bought mine from: carandtruckremotes.com let the dealer cut the keys using you VIN# (for best fit). Don't let them (the dealer) program your new keys cause they will rape you! I mean who in their right mind would pay $95 bucks??

Take it to Batteries+Bulbs they can program it for only $35.00 yeah!!
As far as issues, there are none. The rogue key acts and performs just like your regular titan keys that came with the truck.

Buy,cut,program..enjoy!

·
Registered
104 Posts
FCC ID on the key does it have to mach the FCC ID you currently have with your keys with the Titan??? Just seeing all the prices and a little overwhelmed by the cost for one key. Looking to get 2 after it is all said and done, but was just curious about the FCC #'s etc. Can someone post a link to a good ebayer who is dealing OEM keys etc. Thanks

·
Premium Member
921 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can anyone tell me about the FCC #'s on the keys of the Rogue due they need to match or not with the original Titan keys??? Talked to the dealer today, and they said they can not promise this would work, but they will most definitely try it for me. So need some answers ASAP. Thanks KP

·
Registered
543 Posts
buy the key online, cut it at home depot, and most of the time, the young punk that works there is cool with simply copying the transponder chip using the machine they have for free - because you didnt buy one of their $69 nissan keys that includes cut and program since you brought in your own!?!

get it, no need to hack up your old key to swap transponder chips, they have the technology machine that copys key transponders and saves you the trouble of hacking up a key.

not saying you will get lucky, they are doing you a favor, but they cant charge you to program cause they do programing for free only if you buy their $69 nissan key, So if you convince them that hey, i paid for cutting, but i have my own key, can you please just put it in the machine, it takes a few minutes - i have found that the 19yr old punk that works the key machine doesnt mind hooking you up.

that or ive been lucky...

-J

·
Registered
48 Posts
So my ebay Rogue key couldn't be enabled in my ignition by the local locksmith. With these keys does the truck BCM need to be programmed to accept the keys (via the ODBII) port, or do they need to somehow be cloned via my original and working Titan key?

(I have the keys cut and the keyless entry working great.)

161 - 180 of 196 Posts